Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

makuranososhi
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2008, 3:13 pm

You will not find security of self in the arms of another person... that's been a hard lesson for me to accept, and took a lot of lumps getting it through my thick head.

Ken... you are in a quandary, because as long as you cling devoutly to those beliefs there is not much room for change or allowing someone to prove those wrong. Whether you believe you can, or cannot, do a thing - you are right.

Really getting weary of the misogynic commentary, that paints all women to be deceitful, manipulative, dishonest, etc. People get hurt; people do cruel things. In my lifetime, the cruelty exhibited by men far outweighs that shown by women. The more you place the template of experience of the canvas of the future, the more you will see the same things repeating over and over.

M.

For those who seek an alternative, it is coming.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2008, 6:51 pm

makuranososhi wrote:
Really getting weary of the misogynic commentary, that paints all women to be deceitful, manipulative, dishonest, etc. People get hurt; people do cruel things. In my lifetime, the cruelty exhibited by men far outweighs that shown by women. The more you place the template of experience of the canvas of the future, the more you will see the same things repeating over and over.

That's why I don't say that women are deceitful, manipulative, or dishonest. That honor falls to a large subgroup of NT's (which encompasses most NT's of both gender) that have succumbed to the popular concept that is a corruption of rugged individualism, in which one is free to step on whoever is in their way, with no concept of empathy (since they are so narcissistic that nobody else is worth their notice). Like i said, it's only a subgroup of NT's, not all of them (certainly the NT's here aren't part of that), but I get the feeling that a whole lot of NT's are like that...

TheMidnightJudge
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2008, 7:02 pm

I was kinda feeling that way for a while. But I agree with what's written here about how you can't assume the flaws in one relationship will exist in another.

KenM
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2008, 8:17 pm

TheMidnightJudge wrote:
I was kinda feeling that way for a while. But I agree with what's written here about how you can't assume the flaws in one relationship will exist in another.

I never said it was the same flaws but it always ends the same way for me. "I just want to to be friends" I think I'll have them put "a friend but nothing else" on my stone.