Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

blackdove
Toucan
Toucan

22 Nov 2005, 3:19 pm

ME: Early 20 something gal
Interests: Music, computers, reading, philosophy (there's actually more)
Reason for being here: I think I might be an "Aspie"
What I'm looking for: friends (it gets lonely in my hole)

I don't know what else to say as an intro to myself. i've always been shy about these things. If anyone wants to ask something..feel free to. :wink:

alex
Developer
Developer

22 Nov 2005, 3:24 pm

I like your signature. elliot smith is awesome. You have a good taste in music.

blackdove
Toucan
Toucan

22 Nov 2005, 3:29 pm

Thanks for the notice. I am hoping to find people in here with similar philosophical/intellectual interests as myself. From my intro (which sux..i know) I believe the task of meeting people will be more difficult then I had imagined. Yeah, i'm a huge fan of his work..and I thought that those lyrics were most fitting for this type of condition. 8)

Nitz
Raven
Raven

22 Nov 2005, 3:44 pm

Hey blackdove, welcome to WrongPlanet. I just joined recently, as well.

While your intro doesn't suck at all, I am curious about the specifics of your interests; for example, what do you like to read, what music do you like to listen to, what philosophers/philosophies do you admire. Especially the last one; I'm currently taking Ethics, and find the subject very interesting ( even if I'm learning about philosophers that I think are full of it ) :)

vetivert
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2005, 3:47 pm

welcome to WP, blackdove and Nitz. :)

Vivi
(as Mod)

blackdove
Toucan
Toucan

22 Nov 2005, 4:17 pm

Well, as an answer to some of your inquiries...my musical preference is varied. I like all music. So much that I took up studying it for several years. But I suppose listing a few of the favs would be a good indicator of my taste. mainly Pop/Rock thru the ages...
Beatles, Joni Mitchell, Otis Redding, Talking Heads, Michael Jackson, Elliott Smith, Weezer, Fiona Apple, StereoLab, My Bloody Valentine, Queen, Depeche Mode, Radiohead...and the list goes on an on. (this is just a sample)
Books- well, I've read most of the classics, but recently resurged my interest in philosophy. I suppose because of the mundaneness and repetitive nature of life..I decided that I'm in need of more spiritual enlightening. I have read works by Keirkegaard, Rand, Foucout, C.S. Lewis, and Plato.
The only problem I am finding with philosophy is that it is circuitous, and that perhaps the best philosophical insight one can get is from within.
Yes, I feel rather foolish in admitting this but, I haven't had much social interaction in some time, so if my enthusiasm seems overwhelming, all apologies.

lowfreq50
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2005, 4:53 pm

Welcome to our humble little planet. It's not as big as Earth--not even close--but the gravity is about the same and the air smells better.

blackdove
Toucan
Toucan

22 Nov 2005, 5:03 pm

thanks! yeah, this planet seems to make much more sense then the one i'm currently stationed on.

Nomaken
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2005, 9:16 am

And cats have a special place in all of our hearts here. Seriously. We took a poll. Like 95% of us love cats.

Renagade
Toucan
Toucan

23 Nov 2005, 9:37 am

Blackdove good to meet ya!

iamlucille
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2005, 3:21 pm

welcome :)

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2005, 10:40 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet. :D

blackdove
Toucan
Toucan

24 Nov 2005, 12:48 pm

I have decided that "meeting people is easy"..."liking them, is another thing". I went on a walk the other night in my town...it was freezing outside, so i had to bundle up. I ended up walking to a local pub, and plopped myself in front of the television, ordered a beer. I was thoroughly enjoying my frosty bev, when all of a sudden, some people came up to me blathering on about something I...A.knew nothing about B. could care less C. wanted to shut them the hell up. My evening outing turned into an annoyance, so much that, I had to leave the place. You see, I guess this is why I don't often leave my home, because everytime I try to just "get out" w/out being bothered...someone has to come along and ruin all my "fun". Needless to say, I won't be doing that again, any time soon. At least not without some armour, or company.---same diff. Well, sorry bout the bitchin' just wanted to share that with someone. Has anyone else had an annoying experience like that lately?

Nitz
Raven
Raven

24 Nov 2005, 1:47 pm

I can relate to that sort of experience, since though I'm not drinking age yet ( 6 more months! ), I have been caught off-guard many times and felt extremely uncomfortable about it. If I'm going to socialize, I need to be in the mood to do it, and have a sort of mental preparation of what I'm going to say. If I'm not prepared, I usually end up saying nothing and feeling really crappy about it.