Anyone ever try Symbyax (Prozac and Zyprexa)?

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

gsilver
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2008, 11:46 pm

I'm going crazy and the doctors think I'm bipolar.

I think that I'd be fine if I just had friends like normal people do, and lived in a building that would let me sleep, but the doctors won't even work with me until I'm on an anti-depressant and an anti-psychotic.

Before I sign my life away (not to mention my healthy weight), has anyone tried this?

coyote
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

16 Oct 2008, 5:57 am

find another doctor!! !! If he can't treat an 'environmental depression' without pills, don't let him mess with you and 'try' something.

Did he AT LEAST tried to identify IF your depression was environmental or chemical ? Does he knows the difference ? The pill is good only IF the problem is chemical. If you're depressed cause you have a hard time surviving in this world, NO PILLS can help that.

I'm telling you, don't trust Drs only based on the fact they are Drs. You said you need sleep, but he won't work on anything before you get pills ? mmmmm...... this is YOUR body, you'll live with it till the end of your life. I see hundreds of poeples getting on AD after a bad event (death of a loved one or....). They avoid the (natural) pain, they lose thier sex live, they add 50 lbs...... BUT!! ! they don't suffer...... yeah right ! !! ! :wink:

PS. Prozac, and some other AD, removed the 'fun' in sex. Still able to function, but get no pleasure from it. It tooks many years after i stopped the med before it came (at 90%) back. Think about this before taking this poison....

Zsazsa
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2008, 7:49 am

Do you know that the pharmaceutical company that makes Zyprexa has serious legal issues? Zyprexa has already caused the
death of many patients...and many lawyers are looking for people who have taken Zyprexa and have suffered serious side effects...

PhR33kY
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Oct 2008, 10:04 am

I am on prozac and it's helped me alot. Plus, there are not really many side effects so it is doubly good. My doctor joked it should be put into drinking water like fluorine.

gsilver
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2008, 10:12 am

There's certainly an actual depression component there (I've been depressed since I was around 8 ), but I also recall not being depressed or manic for the early part of last year, one of the few times in my life that I had adequate friends and social support (and could also sleep).

I never had to live in a drum until moving to California.