Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Synth
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Oct 2008, 8:59 am

Ok.. I've known you guys for a little while now.. If I'm 20, do I act my age at all? -.-

tahloola
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Oct 2008, 11:25 am

I have no concept of matching behaviour to age - this has also been a question I've worried about for years....

my opinion: you will know if you are "in-line" with age expectations if: you borrow "a double-saw-buck" from one of your friends.....and you pay it back.

Synth
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Oct 2008, 12:54 pm

Well me either, the same as I barely have a conception of time or direction.. I just feel like everyone hates me (I'm always told my perception is way off but you never know) and I want to make some changes. So I guess I will change the question to: (For you guys), what would you change about me to like me?

tahloola
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Oct 2008, 4:36 pm

Synth asked:

Quote:
Well me either, the same as I barely have a conception of time or direction.. I just feel like everyone hates me (I'm always told my perception is way off but you never know) and I want to make some changes. So I guess I will change the question to: (For you guys), what would you change about me to like me?

In all honesty Synth....I go through that where I think people don't like me (hate me).....what I have found is that:

a) one person does not like me - oh well, it's virtually impossible to have everyone like me.
b) or I perceive that they do not like me, because I misread facial cues....or misunderstand words, or think I'm being ignored on purpose.....when it's simply not true.

point is: by asking others what they would change about you - is giving your personal power away............be careful who you give your power to.........they might drain your battery.

how 'bout - deciding to like yourself and change the things about yourself you don't like....and keep the things about yourself that you like..........and learn to love 'em...

"quote - from the Libertine....The story of John Wilmot, a.k.a. the Earl of Rochester, a 17th century poet who famously drank and debauched his way to an early grave, only to earn posthumous critical acclaim for his life's work.

June 13, 2006
Quotes from "the Libertine"
Johnny Depp (as John Wilmot 2nd Earl of Rochester) :

* Mrs. Barry, you must acquire the trick of ignoring those who do not like you. In my experience, those who do not like you fall into two categories: The stupid and the envious. The stupid will like you in five years, the envious, never.

Synth
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Oct 2008, 7:28 pm

Well what I think others don't like is the fact that I express myself, even when it's about something negative.. Sure, there are some things I feel negatively about (all for good reason), but that's one of the things I like about myself. I'm not single sided, and I will show it. I also have a thing for pointing out when someone says something illogical.. Which is probably irritating to some people, I guess I could try to work on doing that less. I only want to try to change how I am when dealing with people, not who I am as a person, which is a lot more than people give me credit for.. Concerning the people here, yes there are those who will never get along with me and thats completely fine. However I'm kind of getting vibes that most people are just tired of hearing from me because of some of the negativity which I admit is a little strong, but there's so much more about me thats positive as well.. But no one sees it and it's kinda frustrating. I guess I don't know what to do about that. Thank you for replying tahloola.