17, still single, and feeling lonely

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

maverickx
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Nov 2005, 8:35 pm

Hello, my name is Joshua, i'm 17, and haven't been able to get a single girlfriend since i was 13 (okay, it was an unofficial relationship, but still, it was a relationship, right?). Ever since then i've started to get lonelier with each passing year. If this keeps up, i'll probably start to refuse relationships all together (even if the girl is interested) or do crazy things to get one.
My interests are writing 90 page books, studying Japanese ( the language), computers, adventuring beyond the gates of my life (not with drugs, in case anyone was wondering), going to the movies, and planning for graduation (seeing as it's only 7 months away). If any girls are interested or anyone has any advice to offer, please post here.

Maverick X
President of the Maverick After-school Club

iamlucille
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2005, 8:45 pm

hmm. i can't help with the relationship, but maybe i can give advice:

don't lose faith! you're gonna find someone. i hear it gets so much easier in college. don't refuse anyone unless you think there's a specific reason as to why you can't date her.

don't worry, you'll find someone amazing!

alex
Developer
Developer

26 Nov 2005, 8:49 pm

iamlucille wrote:

don't lose faith! you're gonna find someone. i hear it gets so much easier in college. don't refuse anyone unless you think there's a specific reason as to why you can't date her.

it seemed easier in high school for me but maybe thats just me..... or maybe it is easier?

maverickx
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Nov 2005, 8:50 pm

hey, thanks for the advice.
anyone else who may be interested, or has anymore advice don't be shy, let's hear it.

Maverick X

Larval
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2005, 11:47 pm

alex wrote:
it seemed easier in high school for me but maybe thats just me..... or maybe it is easier?

I was going to say "no, it was just as hard" but thinking back...

There might have been several girls who were interested in me, except I didn't notice at the time so I ignored them and they found someone else.

I have had cases where girls would seem interested in me. To this day I'm not sure if even one of them really was, though.

I had no idea what my social standing in high school even was. Middle school i was bottom rung, but I didn't care back then. High school my hanging out with the "social nerds" (we had a group of popular brainy people) might have improved my status. The kids in the more advanced classes seemed to have a better opinion of me anyways, though that might have just been because they related to another intelligence person more readily. (Of course that didn't stop my permanent exile from the social nerd group. Oh well, none of them got dates either. :P )

Anyways, I guess that if you look like a normal guy and smell like one you should be ok asking out girls. Not all will say yes, but some probably will. Asking out strangers is good for short term relationships I believe (to practice your intimate social skills) while asking out closer friends may lead to longer term relationships.

Good luck to everyone!! !

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2005, 12:08 am

I don't see any problem.

Most people haven't had girlfriends and stuff at that age although it may seem like it, they haven't.

TheBladeRoden
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2005, 12:37 am

iamlucille wrote:

My college must suck then.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2005, 2:11 am

If I was 5 or 6 years younger, I'd be interested.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

blackdove
Toucan
Toucan

27 Nov 2005, 2:25 am

well kid you seem great. I'm old and stuff, but you're a genuine guy, and i know in time you'll find some great girl who'll meet your expectations (even if it is short-term) don't worry so much. But, make sure that if you get serious with someone, be protective, considerate, and responsible (you'll both be appreciative of that) Also, try not to get too obsessed with someone, i know aspies can do that ( with what they are interested in) that's all.

GalileoAce
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2005, 9:13 am

I've had a few small relationships, but my first real girlfriend, pretty much, is my current one, whom I met this year. And I'm 22.

To combat lonliness I've found the companionship of my cat (who is an anti-social b*tch anyways) to be comforting. So maybe you could get a pet?

maverickx
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Nov 2005, 11:35 am

No, galileoAce, i've already got three cats in my house, and in case you haven't noticed, my whole house is swarming with women (sheesh, when do you ever find relief on that critique).
But as I'm an only child and my mother refuses to have another kid (as if we could, we can barely afford the bills, thank goodness I'm moving out of the house in 7 months), I get pretty lonely without a brother or sister to keep company. So, without further ado, let's move back to the darn subject.

Sanityisoverrated
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2005, 11:51 am

maverickx wrote:
So, without further ado, let's move back to the darn subject.

There's a hole in my sock!