Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

hhyhbpen
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 May 2009, 12:15 pm

my favorites are: Dr. Eggman from Sonic (a game, but I heard there's a cartoon too), Brain from PatB, and Dr. Drakken from Kim Possible. If a cartoon is about someone defending society (such hero is usually good at controlling his body movements (fighting/sports/coordination) or responds to the standards of 'cuteness', so the majority will sympathize him) from a fiend, and especially if the fiend posesses extreme technologies like space lasers/robots/huge bases and he is anti-social, I will pray for fiend's success:) bc. in my vision 'normal', 'right' humanity is often more aggressive and wicked in it's society-centrism and aspiration towards stability and normality, than any villain (who can be sensitive). I like Dr. Drakken and that cartoon KP most of all bc. I empathize him. He even said once about revenging those kids who have made him suffer at the sports lesson in his childhood. And the cartoon is very witty and great, I think. (Maybe there's a thread about KP?...)

irishwhistle
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2009, 8:04 pm

Sesshoumaru from Inuyasha, Hades from Hercules (I liked him much better than Zeus, whose only action on the loss of his son was to yell NOOOOOOO!! !).

The world loves diversity... as long as it's pretty, makes them look smart and doesn't put them out in any way.

There's the road, and the road less traveled, and then there's MY road.

Homer_Bob
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2009, 9:44 pm

Eric Cartman.

Douglas_MacNeill
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2009, 10:29 am

Shego from Kim Possible:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bht-I8kmRfw[/youtube]

If I didn't find this one, I'd have had to quote her myself, as follows:

Shego: Okay, Doc: For future reference, the chip made me obey
every command, but I was aware of exactly what was happening.
Drakken (weakly): The whole time?
Shego (louder): Dodge ball and dodos!? DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT LISTENING
TO YOU IS LIKE!? IT IS SO! BORING! (chases Drakken.)

Usagi1992
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2009, 11:26 am

I've always liked the Sat AM version of Dr. Robotnik, particularly because of his spooky voice!

Though the Nostalgia Critic commented on that, saying that Robotnik sounds like he's on the verge of orgasming with every word he says! :P :lol:

RedTatsu
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

06 Aug 2009, 9:51 pm

BokeKaeru wrote:
Dib from Invader Zim. For being the antagonist to the title character, I considered him the hero of the show. Come on, saving a world, the inhabitants of which consistently ignore, abuse and laugh at you? That takes some serious strength of character.

I love Dibbers! He really is a goodguy. :)

Anyway, among antagonists who are actually evil, I'm a fan of Phantom Thief Sai (or X) from Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro. He's so evil. And scary. And so cute. And then you end up feeling sorry for him.
I just think he's a really cool character. He's a shapeshifter, but his brain cells change too, and he forgets things a lot. He can't remember who he is, and is trying to find that out. However, he somehow decided that the best way to do this is grind people up and put them in clear boxes so he can observe their insides. :eew:
He's so wonderfully scary and creepy. He's probably the best thing about MTNN.

LAEMapsie
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Aug 2009, 6:21 am

Probably Cartman from South Park.

Although Killface from Frisky Dingo comes close.

Demonique
Raven
Raven

07 Aug 2009, 7:28 pm

Repton from Stork Hawks:

He's voiced by Scott McNeil and has Dinobot's voice to boot, what more do you want and he's sexy in a lizardy way, I have this picture on a tshirt:

Master Cyclonis from Stork Hawks:

A 14 year old goth megalomaniac crystal mage (she's voiced by Lenore Zahn, who voiced Rogue in the older X-Men cartoon, you can here it in her voice though without the Southern drawl):

RedTatsu

20 Aug 2009, 6:08 pm

I forgot! I'm a fan of Jack Spicer from Xiaolin Showdown. :D

kingtut3
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Aug 2009, 11:26 pm

Angelica Pickles- Rugrats
Ed Bighead- Rocko's Modern Life
Roger Klutz- Doug
Team Rocket- Pokemon
Plankton- Spongebob Squarepants
The Flying Dutchman- Spongebob Squarepants
Sid- Toy Story
Charles Muntz- Up
Mufasa- The Lion King

LinnaeusCat
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Aug 2009, 5:57 am

It's anime but:

Berg Katse/Zoltar on the show Gatchaman/Battle of the Planets.

INTJ.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2009, 7:25 am

I know a cool one.
his name is Accelerator from the series "To Aru Majutsu no Index" (A Certain Magical Index), he is pretty much insane at the begining with the single goal of killing 20'000 clones that are created for the purpose to test his strength so he can reach god levels. He has the power to basicly control almost all forms of kinetic energy, giving him abilities from keeping ultraviolet rays giving an albino look, stopping/reversing bulets and changing the gas composition in the air causing suffocation.

Though after things go sour from being beaten, the project stops, we find out he was talked into thinking that way from a child, he ends up a target of people in cruel pranks and a kind of sweet side is seen of him, in that he risks his life for a child that was not afraid of him. It was interesting how he whent from total insane killer, to just wanting to be left alone and even risking his own life for an under developed version of the clones he used to kill that didn't belive he was as bad as he showed.

AC132

22 Aug 2009, 7:53 am

Venger from Dungeons and Dragons. Seriously evil looking and had a cool flying horse. As a child of the '80s, he's the one.

Fidget
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

22 Aug 2009, 8:52 am

Bradleigh wrote:
If anime counts then I would say has to be L from Death Note.

L's not a villain though.... He is the show's antagonist, but he's actually the hero of the show. Because, the show's protagonist, Light is actually the villain.

Frollo is my favorite too! He's so twisted!

CyclopsSummers
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2009, 1:11 pm

Homer_Bob wrote:
Eric Cartman.
LAEMapsie wrote:
Probably Cartman from South Park.

Although Killface from Frisky Dingo comes close.

Even though Cartman is technically a protagonist in 'South Park', I can only agree that he can be downright diabolical... It just so happens that the Dutch Comedy Central channel aired a 'Best Of Cartman' marathon of South Park episodes last night. It was cool to see Cartman's most infamous antics pass by in a row, including locking Butters in a bomb shelter so he could visit a theme park, or spending the money his grandmother left him on buying a theme park of his own and keeping everyone else out... And the big finale of the marathon was 'Scott Tenorman Must Die'. Guy cons Cartman into spending over 16 dollars on pubes, Cartman tricks him into eating his parents in a chilli in return.