Is there any way to get over the social awkwardness?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

frequently
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 May 2009, 2:12 am

try to get yourself into situations where you can be spontaneous. use your imagination. say whatevers on your mind.dont worry so much. get wasted, take a valium :)

one time i was with this girl that i really liked, and we were sitting in the gutter watching people pass by, and i just said "lets get married!" of course she knew i was joking but she remembers that as a really incredible moment for her so yes, spontaneous is nice

alex
Developer
Developer

14 May 2009, 4:59 am

more practice. you admitted that it took years to become a likeable sociable guy. romance is just another skill.

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2009, 5:30 am

ToadOfSteel wrote:
sunshower wrote:
Also you should continually place yourself outside your comfort zone socially, and this will push you to improve at a much faster rate (this is what I do, and I went from being completely alone and ostracized at school to being popular at college in a few short years, but every time I think I've mastered the NT social world, something happens/I get involved in something that makes me realize how completely ignorant I still am).
Putting myself outside my comfort zone has helped me dramatically too, but being romantic is the big stumbling block for me still...

Oh well, at least something I wrote was somewhat helpful.. somewhat.. maybe I should stop trying to give advice because I always end up sounding conceited every time I do so. Rereading my old posts makes me wince.

beastinblack
Butterfly
Butterfly

17 May 2009, 3:30 pm

Just slap her backside and say 'fancy a cury?'. Believe me it works wonders, I saw it on TV....