Page 8 of 9 [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Aniihya
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2015, 12:43 am

I listen to breakcore, flashcore, idm and harsh noise.

MusicIsLife2Me
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Jan 2015, 2:19 am

I couldn't live without it :heart:
The anguish alone of not hearing it ever again has the high probability of killing me.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2015, 4:14 am

I'd definitely say music is one of my special interests. I love listening to it, collecting it, talking about it, reading about it, analyzing it, discovering new and different bands, learning about the personal lives of my favorite musicians...

Even though I listen to a wide variety of music, I find that I tend to go through phases where I mainly only listen to one or a few bands. Lately, I've been into Ministry, Nirvana, Nine Inch Nails, Sunn O))), and a bit of Depeche Mode. Next week, I might be listening to Metallica and The Prodigy, or Front Line Assembly and Slayer, or Kraftwerk and Alice in Chains.

carlt1977
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Mar 2015, 11:00 pm

hans66 wrote:
First, I have a very broad musical taste. The music that I like can be classical (Bach, Mozart, Tchaikovski) or from the sixties (Beatles, Chuck Berry), from the eighties (mainly italo-disco).

Besides that, I love to make music myself. I always dreamt to have a musical equipment that has lots and lots of functionality, a multi-purpose equipment. In 2007 that dream became reality, and I very often play on it, the Yamaha Motif XS7.

Nice you like Italo Disco, sometimes its gets a negative view from people? It's fun music.
Where are you from?

questor
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2015, 11:02 pm

I am not obsessed by music, but I do like it. I like a number of different types of music, so I categorize it by type, and generally put them in order of favorite to least favorite within each category.

I may be considered to be obsessed by books, though, and I do organize them differently, but I have a lot more books than music CDs, and also, my first job was in a library. I organize them by type, but within the type they are by author--alphabetically. If there is more than one by an author those are also in alphabetical order, unless it is a series. Books in a series are in series order. Magazines are separated by type, and are in alphabetical order within a category, and then each issue of a particular magazine title is in chronological order. Just as with music, I like books in a wide variety of topics, so I have a lot of categories.

questor
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2015, 11:03 pm

I am not obsessed by music, but I do like it. I like a number of different types of music, so I categorize it by type, and generally put them in order of favorite to least favorite within each category.

I may be considered to be obsessed by books, though, and I do organize them differently, but I have a lot more books than music CDs, and also, my first job was in a library. I organize them by type, but within the type they are by author--alphabetically. If there is more than one by an author those are also in alphabetical order, unless it is a series. Books in a series are in series order. Magazines are separated by type, and are in alphabetical order within a category, and then each issue of a particular magazine title is in chronological order. Just as with music, I like books in a wide variety of topics, so I have a lot of categories.

richay
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Nov 2015, 2:23 pm

I am a musician myself and its all i do. I stay home all day not eating, not contacting my friends. just studying music theory and playing guitar

Grammar Geek
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2015, 4:08 pm

I am...completely the opposite. I have no interest in music. The only time I ever listen to the radio is when I'm in the car with my parents and they have it on. I just don't find music that engaging.

Gaara
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Nov 2015, 4:44 pm

I'm always having to find new artists, always searching out for the most obscure act I can find. Usually something ethnic or really lofi black metal.

Plus I always have to have music playing, I can't stand silence as it prompts a meltdown in me.

grimesy
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Apr 2016, 3:26 am

I think my obsession started quite on. I started realising how much people liked hanging out with musicians and how they were admired, so i just started practising and practising the guitar in my bed room, it was slow at first but then ten years on i was given a standing ovation at a local music event and it was great i felt like it was all worth it. It didnt matter that i had to scutter out there as fast as i could becuase i didnt want to embroiled into to much chit chat. It has filled me with such self worth in my life that someone who was considered a weirdo in school i managed to become actually good at something.

Here some of my improvisations http://fandalism.com/michaelgrimes123

hmk66
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Apr 2016, 5:12 am

I loved music when I was a child. When I was 6 years old I learned to play a recorder, later on an electronic organ (at 7 or 8 years old). While I just learned to read and write, I also got familiar with musical notes! I love to play songs on my organ.

When it is about music taste, I first was interested in synthpop, especially High Energy and Italo (such Divine - Shoot Your Shot, Fun Fun - Happy Station and Colour My Love). My brother was interested in the Beatles. That was not a synthesizer band so I was not interested. I got criticized by my brother (NT) a few times. Later on I paid more attention to the Beatles and started to appreciate the band as well. I did not only listen to Beatles songs, but also tried to play them on my organ and keyboard myself as well. I know hundreds of their songs by heart. Besides Beatles, I also started to appreciate Dire Straits and Queen (Bohemian Rapsody, which is a musical masterpiece, Radio Ga Ga and I Want To Break Free). It was a coincidence that Queen started to use synthesizers as well. But I never left the synthesizer genre (I am less attracted to Hardcore and Techno).

My active music making didn't stop. I evolved from organ to keyboard to synthesizer and music workstation. I can make wonderful pieces on myself. I also trained in improvising music. I would be able to give a concert, playing music that I make up at that very moment. I now have a music workstation that was about 4000 or so dollars. It is a multifunctional workstation (with extreme programming features).

Besides the electronic line organ - keyboard - synthesizer - music workstation - Music Programming Synthesizer, I also have played/tried to play: trombone, clarinette, accordeon and singing.

littlecatinthewindow
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2016, 6:39 am

Music has always been part of my life. My Dad used to play the guitar a lot, and both my parents liked to have music on in the house. My Mum also said there were some songs she listened to that I apparently liked before I was born. Music has always been around me, of course it would become an obsession that never went away. When I was nearly 10, I started playing the guitar, though I haven't had as much time to do that recently. When I was 14 I got an mp3 player because I wanted to listen to much more often, and things only got bigger from there. My mind always has some music going on when I'm not listening to any. It's just pleasing to hear. Why does music even exist???! !! Who invented it??! !! Who that that a few noises put together sounded good, and began to make instruments to play it, and how did it evolve into so many different types???! !! I'm having one of my weird moments again, where I wonder how it's possible for certain things to exist.

DancingCorpse
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2016, 7:18 am

People frequently find it amusing how I can rile off about 100 pieces of information about a band if they bring up one I like or about a song or something that I like, I find that completely normal though if you like something you really ought to like it a lot, I don't have this magpie intensity for every single thing I listen to at all but a large swathe of my interest and connection with music is dipped in this level of energetic combustion haha.

I also have countless ideas bubbling and frothing in my head for musical textures and stuff, I had to sell my instruments a while ago but I intend on acquiring many instruments eventually to explore these tapestries, an old therapist kept insisting she would buy me a keyboard as she was intrigued by my ideas and enjoyed my acoustic guitar playing, I really like guitars and piano especially and have dreams of many hours a day making music to my own fairytales and poetry and learning to sing!

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2016, 7:03 pm

I'm very obsessed with many types of music. I'll listen to anything from classical music to auto tune.

JonathanCampbell99
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 May 2016, 8:24 pm

I listen to music everyday and I have done for the last 2-3 years, the last year and 6 months I have obsessed with an Italian singer called Tiziano Ferro, I love him so much and his new album is coming out this year :heart: He's gay as am I so that makes it better.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2016, 10:31 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
I'm very obsessed with many types of music. I'll listen to anything from classical music to auto tune.

What about death metal, black metal, grindcore, or harsh noise? ;)