Snowy Owl

13 Dec 2008, 2:27 am

E.T. on Atari 2600

Two Worlds on Xbox 360

CaptainMac
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

13 Dec 2008, 2:37 am

I remember when the Nintendo 64 was popular and everyone had this game called Goldeneye. I never understood the point of the game and always hated whenever someone wanted to play it.

(I should mention that I'm about the most anti-gun person in my town, so I'm probably biased...I think first person shooters should be banned, personally, and I know a ton of you are going to disagree with me on this, but hey, that's the beauty of America...we all can have our own opinions!! !)

I disagree with everyone who has said Sims is boring. When I was in middle school I found it actually helped my social skills and by the time I got to high school they were on par with everyone else's for the most part.

Cyberman
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2008, 3:23 am

First-person shooters are my favorite game genre, and I'm a very non-violent and anti-gun person in reality. Playing them actually helps me blow off some of my frustration, so I don't take it out on real people.

The root of most of the violence in this society comes from people who have either been neglected or mistreated by others, not from entertainment which depicts violence. This has always been the case.

musicman2059
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Dec 2008, 3:58 am

Ticker wrote:
Anyone remember the Superman Atari game?

I remember; I had it.

It wasn't so great, but as a kid I didn't care.

Ahaseurus2000
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2008, 1:20 am

Same for Commando for PC.

Munchlaxmaster
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

15 Dec 2008, 12:21 pm

the worst game I ever played was mario golf on game boy colour.

EnigmaticPhilosophy
Raven
Raven

15 Dec 2008, 1:41 pm

Nearly everything from the current console generation. And I'm talking about all three consoles here.

Most companies nowadays have totally messed-up priorities when it comes to game development. And the games in general have so little to offer outside of graphics/extra content that it's not even funny.
Also, I am tired of companies who only know how to make games better-looking while boasting about how supposedly "innovative" they are.

The current generation is a joke. Old-school games FTW.

gismo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2008, 2:10 pm

Ok, I've got a new list...

Almost every single game for the Nintendo Wii. It's true, anybody who enjoys every game they play on the Wii is either very desperate indeed to be popular, or is a total Nintendo fanboy, that is it, Honestly...

Every Tony Hawk game after Underground 2, the next one is rumoured to be called, Adrenaline... Why not call it "Stupid excuse of a sequel number 3". EA Skate, is so good, it can not be compared to the Tony Hawk games, they stuck to the normal stuff not bothering with trying any new ideas, while EA were leaps and bounds ahead, Activision realeaed Proving Ground, EA released Skate, and Activision were like:

"Oh.. We're a bit behind aren't we..."
"Why don't we copy them? We'll make a killing! :twisted: "

This should bring the best out of both games, the people who have made the Tony Hawk games had no competition until now, they thought they were ahead of everybody else, the kings, EA came up from behind tipped them right off their throne, and got them to actually do some work...

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2008, 5:56 pm

gismo wrote:
Almost every single game for the Nintendo Wii. It's true, anybody who enjoys every game they play on the Wii is either very desperate indeed to be popular, or is a total Nintendo fanboy, that is it, Honestly...

Exception is to be made for smash bros, though... I know plenty of people who play smash bros brawl as the only game on the Wii that they play...

SamuraiSaxen
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2008, 5:40 am

Wii Music sucked big dinosaur's balls. That sh!t doesn't deserve being called "game".

black_legion
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Dec 2008, 6:39 am

well, most of the wii's minigames suck

Kirska
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2008, 10:07 am

gismo wrote:

Wii is definitely lacking in good games but Wii really is more of a party platform. The games are fun when you play them once every couple months with a group of people, as most casual gamers would. Gamers like us that play games every day enjoy the ones with more depth.