Do other people determine your sexual orientation?

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

MizLiz
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2008, 4:30 pm

I think a lot of people in my family probably think I'm a lesbian just because they see me at events where you bring a date and I never have one. I don't actually care because they're not (as far as I know) homophobic and wouldn't treat me poorly even if I were a lesbian, but it's a bit awkward because my brother has said things to me sort of indicating that he thinks I like girls just because he's never seen me with a boyfriend so there are times when I feel like I have to say/do something awkward and unnatural like comment on how I think one of his friends is hot.

It's just childish.

Eggman
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2008, 5:14 pm

ok, so if you dont bring a date your homosexual? How, buy not bringing a date you are not proving any clue to your sexuality.

MizLiz
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2008, 6:44 pm

They think I'm closeted. Even my 12 year old NT female cousins bring dates, but I never have.

I probably wouldn't even if I did have a boyfriend just because... I don't know. That's just more smalltalk.

Aunt so and so: Oh! So how did you two meet!
Me (trying to get away): Uh... nice seeing you...

gina-ghettoprincess
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2008, 12:20 pm

I get called a lesbian a lot just cos I've never dated a boy. Which is illogical, cos if I were a lesbian I'd be dating girls, wouldn't I?! Silly people...

I'm damn glad I ain't a lesbian, cos people in my school are well homophobic. But only against lesbians, weirdly, nobody seems to have a problem with gay boys. Which is sexist, if you ask me.

y es como un semestre"

nightbender
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2008, 9:49 pm

i always had girls make comments to me asking i thought other guys were cute.

Ashton
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

27 Nov 2008, 7:42 am

melissa17b wrote:
When you're young, many if not most people will respond to an asexual person by at least questioning, if not outright assuming, that the person is gay.

Yes, because NT's are stupid and don't understand, nor do they think to actually question it. Half of the idiots around here still think that I'm gay even though I've made it quite clear that I don't really like either gender (although I'm not so sure now). They still think that the dictionary definition of asexual is what I'm on about. Implying one's ability to reproduce with one's self. Which, is physically impossible for human.

MikeH106
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2008, 6:28 pm

I'm sure a lot of people would like to believe that I'm gay, but they're dead wrong.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

29 Nov 2008, 12:39 pm

nightbender wrote:
i always had girls make comments to me asking i thought other guys were cute.
everyone used to ask me that aswell before i was officially diagnosed with aspergers. now though i think people feel sorry for me so they dont hound me about my sexuality at all. infact! i was in the car riding around with my mom and i told her, "im bisexual" and nothing happend. no it didnt cause an accident because it wasnt news

Hector
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2008, 1:36 pm

Only one girl has ever hinted that she thought I was gay, but she hardly knew me anyway. I imagine the consensus among my friends and the girls I'm actually interested in is that I'm straight but a bit hopeless.