Page 3 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2008, 8:45 pm

claire333 wrote:
Accelerator wrote:
Do you have a hangover after all that wild partying.. ?
-
Nah. My wild partying days were very short lived and are ancient history. I am still recovering from the asinine amount of food though...yet another weird American thing to do...

Turkey, ham, or caribou? :wink:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Accelerator
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Nov 2008, 6:00 pm

ThatRedHairedGrrl wrote:
I used to Morris dance, BTW. It was the Border variety, which involves hitting people with big sticks.

That sounds more like Kung Fu training.. which useful to defend one self in town centres after closing time.. and is a practical knowledge to have when walking through a field of territorial cows…

I’m not so sure about dancing with a stick though.. it is no substitute for a real partner.

Maybe it has something to do with the British unease.. when it comes to touching people.

Crumpets and tea.. is a sign that one has reached civilisation.

;-)

-

Accelerator
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Nov 2008, 6:05 pm

claire333 wrote:
Accelerator wrote:
Do you have a hangover after all that wild partying.. ?
-
Nah. My wild partying days were very short lived and are ancient history.

Ancient history.. was that before the 1st World War then.. ? ;-)

claire333 wrote:
I am still recovering from the asinine amount of food though...yet another weird American thing to do...

I couldn't get to sleep last night.. worrying about what happens to the Americans who don't recover.. after Thanks Giving.. ?

Do they get a decent burial.. ?

Or do you put them all in mass graves.. ?

;-)

-

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2008, 10:10 pm

To coin a phrase - "You Hate us! you really do!"

George Bush is an American
Everybody hates Americans
Therefore, every American is George Bush...;)

..or that's the way it feels. Yeah, we got a lot to answer for. And we are the sole source of all the evil in the world. And, most annoyingly, importantly, and substantially, we're not ___ (fill in the name of your own country...;)

Maybe Obama can start to fix all of that. I dunno.

Once problem any one country has dealing with other countries is that only the bad examples make the news. I live in a portion of the country known for the KKK (although they were everywhere in the early 20th centuries), being on the 'wrong side of the Civil War', the home to all the racism in the nation (ignoring the racism in the rest of the nation, but hey, at least they have someone to blame!...;)

Still, if someone actually comes here, and tries to be nice, they'll likely get treated nice in return. Maybe Ice Tea isn't for everyone (it works for me, because all the ingredients are in the break rooms, so I save bundles on soft drinks). Granted, many people in many countries couldn't find their own nations on a map, but we're the fall guys for all that.

Still, with the economy, the trade situation, etc., it might be something we never recover from, like Japan. Then they can start complaining about our replacements; the Chinese and the Indians...;)

countzarroff
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Dec 2008, 12:50 am

Ragtime wrote:
DentArthurDent wrote:
Okay I should write 'some of you Americans' when I am having a go, I know quite a few open minded, worldly Americans, its the rest of the cockheads that live there that give the place a bad name :D

Well, if some of you Brits weren't such p*****s, maybe we wouldn't seem like such cockheads.

8)

Both of you, shut up. Nationalism is stupid. We are all from Earth. Lets be nationalist about that, and not get caught up on details.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2008, 10:47 am

Some of us would consider ourselves separatists in our proud country... :doh: