Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Dec 2008, 9:05 pm

I'm fashionable.

End it all?

Everchanging
Toucan
Toucan

Location: In my ivory tower where I don't have to pretend to care what you think any more.

02 Dec 2008, 4:31 am

"Hate..." would be too strong a term, but "Give no thought to" ...yes, that would apply to me.

Most of my acquaintances - all female - are the same, so don't go writing all women off as fashion slaves (and for avoidance of doubt, I'm not saying anyone here has!).

Nutterbug
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Dec 2008, 5:11 am

Thankfully, I'm a guy so I am spared of the pressure to conform to the fashionistas.

Shiggily
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2008, 9:09 am

I like fashion but only random things that amuse me. interesting shapes or colors, clothes that are structural... things like that.

Nutterbug
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Dec 2008, 10:51 am

Shiggily wrote:
I like fashion but only random things that amuse me. interesting shapes or colors, clothes that are structural... things like that.

Fashion with an Aspie twist. :lol:

Shiggily
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2008, 11:24 am

Nutterbug wrote:
Shiggily wrote:

Fashion with an Aspie twist. :lol:

I like my Japanese weird English t-shirt collection. it keeps me amused and confuses other people.

Hovis
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2008, 6:24 pm

Crocodile wrote:
I'm fine with that fact as a fact, though I don't like it how they do it: They never want to be friends with you, when you don't wear fashionable clothing! You can stand on your head if you like, they will never like you just because you don't wear the ''right'' clothes.

Although some people are particularly bitchy and cruel when it comes to looking fashionable, and others are less so, I still agree with you. In general, if you don't look fashionable enough, nobody really wants to know you. The politer ones will perhaps be prepared to talk to you a little, but not to the extent that it might give onlookers the impression that you're actually a friend of theirs, because they don't want to be seen to have a friend who doesn't 'look right'. It wouldn't matter if you were the nicest, kindest, most interesting person on the planet - if your clothes/hair aren't at least somewhat fashionable, you're automatically dismissed.

Perhaps it's because fashion is, to one degree or another, such a vital part of most NT's lives - particularly female NTs - that someone who obviously has no interest in it whatsoever comes over as so different and so bizarre to them that they just don't know what to make of it.

violet_yoshi
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2008, 5:58 am

I feel I'm exempt from fashion, as long as fashion companies continue to believe women only come in sizes up to a size 4.

Nutterbug
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Dec 2008, 9:45 am

violet_yoshi wrote:
I feel I'm exempt from fashion, as long as fashion companies continue to believe women only come in sizes up to a size 4.

I thought in the USA, sizes began at 20.

violet_yoshi
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2008, 11:38 am

Nutterbug wrote:
violet_yoshi wrote:

That's a myth, most likely perpetuated by sizeists who want to claim that the USA is filled with hugely overweight people. If that were true, there wouldn't be such a problem in regards towards fat people being able to get clothing.

Nutterbug
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Dec 2008, 11:49 am

violet_yoshi wrote:
Nutterbug wrote:
violet_yoshi wrote:

That's a myth, most likely perpetuated by sizeists who want to claim that the USA is filled with hugely overweight people. If that were true, there wouldn't be such a problem in regards towards fat people being able to get clothing.

So you mean all the reported claims about increases in obesity over the years are lies?

SpongeBobRocksMao
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2008, 5:58 pm

Fashion is quite weird, I never follow it. It's just like certain clothes that look good. But clothes are just clothes whether they're in "style" or not.

SpongeBobRocksMao!

Shiggily
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2008, 7:28 pm

violet_yoshi wrote:

in Japan a size 4 is a large.

Moop
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Location: Right here! Ya! Right behind the monitors glass! Get me out of here!

06 Dec 2008, 8:17 pm

I'm not fashionable at all.
I wear the same black jacket, with the same black pants, and a similar black t-shirt every day... with sandals. People might say I look homeless... a little... or too depressed to dress myself.

I can't find anything that fits me either. My pant size is 28 or smaller, but I can only find 32. I have to wear a belt just to keep anything hanging on.

Edit: I have a few different aprons though...

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2008, 11:14 am

I love fashion! I was even voted best dressed in twelfth grade! In fact, next semester, I'm going to college for fashion merchandising.