Top 10 Questions People Ask That They Don't Want Answered

Page 2 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

fauxnaif
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

06 Jan 2009, 4:48 am

All these I have been asked in the past few weeks.

The "How was your day?" question.
Me: Do you really want to know or are you just being polite?

Do you like my boots? (question from one of my friends thats a girl)
Me: No. I wouldn't wear them personally. They are for women.

How does my new haircut look? (question from ex girlfriend)
Me: Like you got a little cut off. It's shorter.

Do you like my new apartment? (question from a friend)
Me: Someone else lived here prior to you living here. You live in a used apartment.

What do you think my hair would look like if I colored it darker? (question from girl at work)
Me: Don't use crayons. The wax might get stuck in your hair.

How was your weekend? (question from coworker)
Me: Do you want the abridged or unabridged edition?

Sola
Raven
Raven

07 Jan 2009, 12:04 am

One type of question that is a problem for me is.......

Do you want help?

(such as carrying things in for you, doing something that appears to me to be basically my responsibility...so when people ask me 'do you want HELP with that' my anxiety level goes up, because it means they are requiring SOCIAL INTERRACTION whereas for me...I just want to 'get the job done' without the distractions of social interraction.....sometimes it feels like an invasion of my autonomy......but anyway.....Do you want help? I always struggle with, especially if it involves them doing work 'for me' when I could really do it myself. On the other hand I don't want to 'snub' them by saying no, sometimes......sometimes it seems like they want to help, and so they volunteer. But to me...it is a source of social pressure, because it involves a bunch of complex small talk while they are helping me, if you know what I mean. Alot of times, though, I just answer positively, and let them help me.....but I doubt that they realize that it isn't my preference......I guess I kind of do it (allow them to help me) for *them*, and NOT for me. If they want to help me....well, OK, if it's that important to you. Sure, and I always say THANK YOU. Sometimes I say thank you by 'doing something' later on but THEY NEVER NOTICE....because I don't tell them it's because they helped me. Then later on they 'stab me in the back' emotionally and never notice the good things I do...they only notice the bad, but they always notice the GREAT things *they* do..... Oh, did I mention THE HUMAN WORLD IS CRAZY, and it appears to be very, very *ego* based........... Sola