Page 2 of 4 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

ValMikeSmith
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2008, 5:24 am

Quote:
Hell, we are so damn puritanical that even in nudist colonies I heard that if a man accidentally gets and erection he is forced to leave! I assure you that most men in a nudist colony who ACCIDENTALLY get an erection are actually embarrassed about it and making them leave hurts their pride that much more. It would be equally wrong to make a woman leave because her nipples or clitoris got erect.

I never heard that and I've even been nude in Florida so I think someone fibbed.
Where people are nude it's all kinds of people shapes and more or less hairy,
it's not like theres one man and a thousand calendar girls.
If someone gets erection they might turn away or jump in a pool (that usually stops it)
or if it's on a beach then they turn over on the sand like they are sunning their back
if they have any reason to be embarrassed by it I think.

It must be total nonsense about no erections allowed in nudist places!
If someone was really creepy and harrassing someone with it then that's different.

If a man gets an erection during massage it's OK - it's not legal to rub there anyway.

Exile
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Dec 2008, 5:59 am

Nude sleeper too. Have for decades. Can't sleep if I have to wear anything. It's also why I only sleep at home.

No Pensi, not too much info.

8)

Loborojo
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2008, 10:01 am

2ukenkerl wrote:
hartzofspace wrote:
Well, speaking for myself, I like to sleep nude, because it is annoying when nightgowns or pajamas get all twisted around in my tossing and turnings. When it's hot and humid, I really hate wearing a bra - I call it sweat cups. At times like that, while I wouldn't like to go nude in public, I would like to go without a bra, underneath a nice, cool, cotton shirt, without attracting unwanted attention. I envy guys who can go without a shirt, when it's hot outside.

But our society is far too puritanical to ever be comfortable with nudity in public. There are places in Europe, where entire families go swimming nude at the beach, at least I've read of such.

If I were female, I would feel the same way, I'm sure. I sleep with just my shorts and, perhaps my T-shirt.

Loborojo,

Why is it that you people always refer to a dislike, distaste, avoidance, as FEAR!?!? Are you SO fearful of those you speak to that you desire to create fear of ridicule to get them to stop? Seriously, it seems SO stupid.

the entire fear of one's own natural state of the body without clothes seems stupid to me..

history_of_psychiatry
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2008, 10:24 am

2ukenkerl wrote:
history_of_psychiatry wrote:
"How do apsies in general feel about nudity?"

Depends who's naked body I'm staring at. But seriously, I don't think nudity is such a big deal. Here in florida it gets macro hot and humid in the summer and there are times I feel I'd be more comfortable outside nude. Unfortunately here in this puritanical society nudity is soooo feared that you may get charged as a sex offender if you happen to be naked in public where there are other people present. Honestly, I don't think there should be such a thing as "indecent exposure". Yes, in public places you should wear some garments for sanitary reasons but why is it such a big deal to be naked? Of all the bad things in the world the human body is not necessarily the worst. Just because you are naked in public because of the heat doesn't necessarily mean you are going to rape or molest anyone. Hell, we are so damn puritanical that even in nudist colonies I heard that if a man accidentally gets and erection he is forced to leave! I assure you that most men in a nudist colony who ACCIDENTALLY get an erection are actually embarrassed about it and making them leave hurts their pride that much more. It would be equally wrong to make a woman leave because her nipples or clitoris got erect.

Well, the bit about showing any arousal is something I agree with you 100% on. Just a few days ago, I was board at work, and checked out what happened to an actress I used to be kind of smitten with. Her pictures were NOT all that tame! It turns out she was in a LOT ofbeauty pageants before she was an actress, and she had some pictures that were striking. I got aroused AT WORK! Luckily, my job is one where I sit all day, and I "calmed down" fast. But that took me by surprise. I could see that happening even if I were nude. Women could always claim some friction or temperature caused the nipples, and the other usually isn't that obvious.

But I seriously DON'T want to see a lot of people nude. SOME women, but I wouldn't even like the idea of reciprocating publically. HEY, ever see the seinfeld episode with the woman that wanted to always be nude? even SHE didn't like the idea of Jerry being nude.

I did see that episode and it was funny as hell. But you proved my point. One reason nudity is illegal is just because people are insecure with their bodies and "don't want to have to see others naked". If you don't want to see someone who is naked then just look the other way. C'mon people, it's just the human bodie.

history_of_psychiatry
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2008, 10:30 am

Loborojo wrote:
I never understood why they give bras or bikinis to girls who don't even show any signs of breasts..it is discrimination with little boys who can run around wiht a naked chest, but little girls are so much under pressure and told and see how adult women dress that they are eager to copy that. Insane world!! !

Exactly. It is a huge double standard. In some parts of europe women are actually allowed to be topless where men are topless. Breasts, though they have a funcion in getting a mate, are not sexual organs. Many men who are fat even have larfer breasts than some females yet they can go topless. Bras from what I've read many places are very bad for you. No part of the human body is meant to be artficialy supported. The reason many women feel pain in the breasts when they run or jump is because the bras have weakened their ligaments. Breasts are meant to jiggle and bounce. It helps the lymph flow. Look at some of the african tribal women. Some of them have very large breasts yat they have no problem running or jumping. And as for sagging, breasts are also supposed to sag. Over tie that's just what happens. It's natural.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

05 Dec 2008, 1:22 pm

Loborojo wrote:
2ukenkerl wrote:
Why is it that you people always refer to a dislike, distaste, avoidance, as FEAR!?!? Are you SO fearful of those you speak to that you desire to create fear of ridicule to get them to stop? Seriously, it seems SO stupid.

the entire fear of one's own natural state of the body without clothes seems stupid to me..

In my case, having had experiences where men did not respect boundaries, or the word "No," I have a very real fear of being nude in public. That is perfectly legitimate, and not stupid at all. Also, some people have sensory issues, where they need the security of a layer of clothing, between them and the environment. This is not stupid, either.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

05 Dec 2008, 1:35 pm

history_of_psychiatry wrote:
Bras from what I've read many places are very bad for you. No part of the human body is meant to be artficialy supported. The reason many women feel pain in the breasts when they run or jump is because the bras have weakened their ligaments. Breasts are meant to jiggle and bounce. It helps the lymph flow. Look at some of the african tribal women. Some of them have very large breasts yat they have no problem running or jumping. And as for sagging, breasts are also supposed to sag. Over tie that's just what happens. It's natural.

I am curious to know what you base these findings upon, history_of_psychiatry! As a male, I mean. Speaking for myself, bras are worn for support. Going without a bra is painful. I have found this to be true since I was about 12. While it is true that most bras are unhealthy, because of their constricting action on certain lymph nodes, there are also bras that are soft and non-constricting, posing no danger to the lymph nodes. Without support, I can set off a vicious pain cycle, just running half a block. In fact, I just did this, and strained a ligament, because my bra did not offer enough support.

While I despise the things, I have to wear them. And as for those women in Africa, more power to them! :)

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2008, 1:39 pm

I don't mind nonsexual nudity. However, I'm not about to go walking around naked; I know very well that other people would find it very offensive and maybe even traumatizing, or else an invitation to sexual contact. In my own home, with the blinds down, if it's hot enough I'll strip down to my bra. Unfortunately I can't do that if I'm sitting down, because none of my chairs have cotton covers and sitting on the rough surface is very uncomfortable. So if I'm sitting, I have to wear at least shorts and a shirt.

I don't think most women have problems with going braless if they're relatively small; but above a certain size, they do tend to get in the way. A large woman with D size breasts probably wouldn't have nearly as much of a problem as a small woman with D's; there's more to boobs than just the cup size... proportionally larger or smaller makes a difference too, especially when it comes to comfort and the possibility of back problems.

Anyway, in our culture, it's an invitation to sex if you're braless and it's obvious, so I wear a bra. Usually a sports bra, but not a particularly tight one. You just can't find regular bras in cotton--well, technically, you can, but some part of them will ALWAYS be non-cotton, and you'll find out only after you examine it closely that it's put together with nylon thread or the bottom's padded with polyester or the bands aren't actually cotton but some odd plastic/cotton hybrid... I've just given up on it and gone for regular sports bras, which can be easily found in 100% cotton.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

Last edited by Callista on 05 Dec 2008, 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

McCann_Can_Triple
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Dec 2008, 1:40 pm

I can't stand being naked. It has nothing to do with being ashamed, just that is so damn uncomfortable.

River: They say the snow on the roof is too heavy. They say the ceiling will cave in. His brains are in terrible danger. "

Hurley's mom "Jesus Christ is not a weapon."

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2008, 5:27 pm

Nuked or nade? topic

Only in the shower! :lol:

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

zkg
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Dec 2008, 6:14 pm

I don't have a problem with nudity at home. Whenever I do the wash in the laundry room I usually strip naked and toss the clothes in the machine. I can spend evenings/weekends at home wearing just underpants. I've never been to a nude beach, but there used to be informal indoor skinnydipping parties in my area I would go to 2-3 times a year. As an aspie, I found it freeing simply to be nude with members of the opposite sex.

Padium
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2008, 6:25 pm

I can't sleep nude, it feels odd.... I sleep in just my boxers instead, thankfully that is not too restrictive.

zkg
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Dec 2008, 6:43 pm

I'm a male who sleeps on his stomach, so sleeping nude is very uncomfortable. :)

NocturnalQuilter
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2008, 6:45 pm

No one wants to see all this naked anymore. 8)

katrine
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2008, 6:47 pm

Here in Scandinavia no clothes are alowed in saunas... unhygenic. So a lot of it's culture.
My Aspie son would do anything in the nude. I have to remind him to dress. He dashed out to the trash can in his b'day suit the other day....

Tema
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Jun 2012, 7:25 pm

I personally enjoy being naked, but I worry that people will think I'm weird for it. I already have unusual hobbies and am gay. I am sometimes naked around the house, but I am not sure what I want to do in the future.