Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

TPE2
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2008, 8:32 am

What do you think about this article (I supoose that is the initial version - with the advantage of being "open" on-line - of the article discussed in several other threads)?

http://www.bbsonline.org/Preprints/Cres ... eprint.pdf

Woodpecker
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2008, 4:22 pm

It is a lot of text, I have started to read it but I have not finsihed digesting it.

One thing I thought was odd was that the paper viewed that dyslexia is related to psychosis. While others have mentioned the idea before in the academic literature, it does seem odd as dyslexia is a memery thing which is also related to image processing which does not sound anything like psychosis to me.

I know it is a poor but very quick method of working out if two things are linked, but I have found 103 academic papers which have the words dyslexia and autism in the title / keywords and only 12 which have psychosis and dyselxia.

Diagnosed under the DSM5 rules with autism spectrum disorder, under DSM4 psychologist said would have been AS (299.80) but I suspect that I am somewhere between 299.80 and 299.00 (Autism) under DSM4.