Xmen 3 movie plot like the novel 'The Speed of Dark'

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

KenM
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2005, 11:02 pm

The teaser trailer for Xmen 3 is up. Part of the plot invloves them finding a "cure" for the mutants. So the mutants have to decide to take the cure and fit in or remain outcasts. This is like the plot of the Elizibeth Moon novel "The Speed of Dark." In that book, they find a "cure" for autism and the main character has to decide to take the cure or remain who he is. Great book. I hope this opens peoples eyes to what people with autism go thru.

Endersdragon
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2005, 8:57 am

KenM wrote:
The teaser trailer for Xmen 3 is up. Part of the plot invloves them finding a "cure" for the mutants. So the mutants have to decide to take the cure and fit in or remain outcasts. This is like the plot of the Elizibeth Moon novel "The Speed of Dark." In that book, they find a "cure" for autism and the main character has to decide to take the cure or remain who he is. Great book. I hope this opens peoples eyes to what people with autism go thru.

Sounds like what they did to the four horsemen of the alcolopse... seeing as how Jean should be the Phoenix in this one I wouldnt be suprised at all.

Vote for me in 2020 :-D

AbominableSnoCone
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2005, 5:57 pm

KenM wrote:
I hope this opens peoples eyes to what people with autism go thru.

Thats kind of a tall order for a superhero movie... and its not like its the "Avenging AS Force" movie

Nitz
Raven
Raven

07 Dec 2005, 9:11 pm

Quote:
Thats kind of a tall order for a superhero movie... and its not like its the "Avenging AS Force" movie

Maybe not, but the whole point of the X-Men is to teach tolerance of those who are different. If people who watch the X-Men movies learn to accept fictional mutants for their blue fur or adamantium claws, then maybe they can go a step further and accept us Aspies/autties for our unique and diverse minds. Amongst many other things, I credit the X-Men cartoon and comics for teaching me to be more accepting.

Plus, I deeply suspect that Cyclops is an Aspie, or at least has many Asperger's traits...

stellacotton
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

07 Dec 2005, 11:17 pm

Nitz wrote:
Quote:

Maybe not, but the whole point of the X-Men is to teach tolerance of those who are different. If people who watch the X-Men movies learn to accept fictional mutants for their blue fur or adamantium claws, then maybe they can go a step further and accept us Aspies/autties for our unique and diverse minds. Amongst many other things, I credit the X-Men cartoon and comics for teaching me to be more accepting.

Plus, I deeply suspect that Cyclops is an Aspie, or at least has many Asperger's traits...

Hes definitely got the No Eye contact thing going on! :wink: I love XMen specifically Wolverine... :heart: