Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

sin_nombre
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Dec 2005, 1:40 pm

Hey, I just joined, though I've been lurking for some time. I was hesitant about joining, but finally got frustrated with trying to initiate contact (something I very rarely do, for numerous reasons) with NTs on okcupid.com and finding very few Aspies on that site.

My mini-bio:

I'm half and half, I guess: my therapist has verbally dx-ed me, but it's not official pending the results of more psych evaluations that have yet to be performed, and my family and I agree that the Aspie description fits me and my childhood experiences pretty well.

I'm a 20 year old student at Vanderbilt University, and I'm scheduled to graduate next December. I love history, microbiology, current events, and other random things (like National Geographic issues!).

I want to do medical research on pathological organisms when I graduate; I'm hoping to find a post-bac program or a graduate microbiology program.

Further complicating matters, I'm a flaming homo with liberal libertarian political leanings. I think a lot and am often told that I know too much. :?

Aly
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

08 Dec 2005, 1:41 pm

Welcome!! ! :D Say, are you on LJ? Your SN strikes me as familiar.

oatwillie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Dec 2005, 3:58 pm

Bienvenidos! My sister is a microbiologist with a lot of experience in molecular genetics at MD Anderson. Best wishes to you!

Sacred Cows make the tastiest hambuger.

visualize whirled peas

vetivert
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2005, 4:14 pm

welcome to WP, sin-nombre. i've done that microbiology thing, of which you speak... :D

Nomaken
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2005, 5:36 pm

May i bite the newbie? I like biting people.

*pounces the newbie* Ello!

^_^

-roughly translates to mean "I like you"

fahreeq
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2005, 7:24 pm

Aly wrote:
Welcome!! ! :D Say, are you on LJ? Your SN strikes me as familiar.

I was wondering the same thing. I'm also on LJ as fahreeq.

Welcome to WP!

sin_nombre
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Dec 2005, 10:52 pm

Yes, my SN on LJ is the exact same. I have the Sin Nombre virus as my usericon. :D

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm glad that there are other microbiology lovers out there. Honestly, I'm just glad that this is a place I can freely be myself.

Aly

09 Dec 2005, 11:33 am

sin_nombre wrote:
Yes, my SN on LJ is the exact same. I have the Sin Nombre virus as my usericon. :D

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm glad that there are other microbiology lovers out there. Honestly, I'm just glad that this is a place I can freely be myself.

Ahh, I'm deeply_confused on LJ. Perhaps you've seen me around?

sin_nombre
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Dec 2005, 5:20 pm

I've not seen you around, but sometimes I'm not the most observant person on LJ. :)

I guess I should have added that I'm a girl, since there are a lot of guys on this site (which is entirely expected) and it's easy to assume that someone is a guy, given that fact.

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2005, 6:02 pm

Im a n00b too.

Namiko
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2005, 11:26 pm

sin_nombre wrote:
I've not seen you around, but sometimes I'm not the most observant person on LJ. :)

I guess I should have added that I'm a girl, since there are a lot of guys on this site (which is entirely expected) and it's easy to assume that someone is a guy, given that fact.

It seems that about 2/3 to 3/4 of all aspies are guys, so there are a lot of guys here. Anyways, oops, I must have forgotten my manners somewhere. Suilad and bienvenidos!! Welcome to WP and I hope you enjoy your time here. :)