Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

06xrs
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Dec 2005, 7:50 am

Getting up in the morning and going to work is getting too hard, I may have to stop. :wink:

Astarael
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2005, 7:55 am

Stop getting up in the morning? So you mean, you won't get up til after 12? :P

Larval
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2005, 9:38 am

Eh. I am finding that I am waking up in the mornings, even if I want to sleep later. Not really sure why, heh.

fahreeq
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2005, 10:40 am

I suck at getting up in the morning. If I get up the first time the alarm goes off, I'll stumble around like a drunk person. I *need* to have several go-rounds with the snooze button in order to get up without any problems.

jman
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2005, 10:45 am

I hate getting up in the morning I would sleep in all day if I could.

06xrs
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Dec 2005, 12:22 pm

I've always thought that there are 2 kinds of people with regards to waking up...leapers and negotiators. Leapers spring from the bed at the first peep from the alarm, ready and raring to go. Negotiators hit the snooze button quickly and often. They talk to the alarm, "Let me sleep 20 more minutes and I won't rip you out of the wall". My wife and daughter are leapers, I'm a negotiator. It can get ugly.

Astarael
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2005, 5:45 am

I think I'd fall somewhere in the middle. If I'm awake then I can't stay in bed and I have to jump up and start doing things. But if I'm really tired then I stay in bed an hour longer then intended whenever possible. Or if I'm excited about something happening on a given day then I'll get up quickly. I think, in terms of work, I wouldn't be excited so sleeping in would be a better option then getting up.

Endersdragon
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2005, 7:28 pm

I liked last year when my first class was at 11, but now I have 8 classes and next term its just 9, it especcially sucks when there are a bunch of drunken idiots in my dorm with paper thin walls (and yes I know there drunken because no sober girl laughes as much and as annoyingly as they do.) I may have to quit too.

Vote for me in 2020 :-D

Lessian
Raven
Raven

25 Aug 2007, 4:56 am

My problems with getting up before 10 am are mostly due to the whole depression, dont wanna go to work, type of stuff.
On weekends, I have no problem getting up before 8 am, because I know there is a day of me-time ahead.

cant endure then you can't inhale

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2007, 12:11 pm

Getting up in the morning is a pain in the ass for me. I try to get up no later than 9:00 am (I'm currently unemployed), so the morning doesn't go to waste, but it's hard. Until 11:00 am, I'm very slow and inefficient. But if I sleep in, I feel like I wasted a lot of time.

Venevus
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Aug 2007, 8:02 pm

I'm a negotiator, but i do my best to get up in the morning by drinking lots of water and taking 50-100mg of caffeine. You do what you gotta do.

shopaholic
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2007, 7:09 am

Used to be terrible about getting up for years - then found it was because of an underactive thyroid!

What I hate is being woken up - my parents call me every morning to wake me, (even at weekends, although I have asked them not to) - I prefer to wake up when my body is ready to wake up.

Having said that, I either get up right away, or will end up going back to sleep (not good), so I can be either a leaper (when I have to because I need to be somewhere early) or a negotiator.

howzat
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2007, 8:39 am

Well i do shift work so sumtyms its very difficult 2 get up early in the mornin i sumtyms wake up 5am in the mornin n i feel really tired but its gotta b done.

Pandora
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2007, 8:44 am

Somehow I think our society is geared towards "morning people". I'm not much of a morning person and need at least half an hour to get going of a morning. Coffee is a lifesaver here.

Hold your heads up high.
"Western Girls" - Dragon

Papillon
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2007, 8:05 pm

fahreeq wrote:
I suck at getting up in the morning. If I get up the first time the alarm goes off, I'll stumble around like a drunk person. I *need* to have several go-rounds with the snooze button in order to get up without any problems.

jman wrote:
I hate getting up in the morning I would sleep in all day if I could.

I'll second that one. I am one of those "negotiators" who needs at least 30 to 45 minutes of struggling to wake up before I can move. Once I do get moving I stumble around for a few minutes as if extremely drunk. Getting up in the morning to go to work is nothing but torture.

Sigh... If only I could plan my work schedule around my sleep schedule, but the working world doesn't work that way. :roll:

Be yourself no matter what they say

**Sting, Englishman In New York

ElectricBlue
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 Sep 2007, 9:45 am

All this reminds me of the phrase "Everything gets easier with practice. Except getting up in the morning!"

Safe to say I'm a negotiator.