Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

D-R-J
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Dec 2005, 4:22 am

My Nephew has AS and his school is supposed to be for people with AS but that school is horrible, But its Pretty much the only school In Southern California, Los Angeles Area. I was just wondering if anybody had any good School Ideas, If anybody knows of any.

Thank You,

D-R-J

Douglas Adams

pink
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Dec 2005, 7:06 am

I am not familiar with schools in California but did raise an AS son who is now in college. He was helped in public school by being in the ED program but all mainstream classes with the extra help he needed. Is this an option in your nephew's case?

ster
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2005, 7:42 am

what exactly is the problem with the school, if you don't mind my asking ?

Larval
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2005, 9:58 am

No idea. Perhaps you could try homeschooling with tutors? That may get expensive though ... perhaps you could homeschool him on your own?

D-R-J
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Dec 2005, 3:51 pm

Thanks for you're help, Publich School wouldnt be a good idea for So Cal. And his current school is run by Incompetent idiots who were trained for the wrong thing and dont do theyre job, :) School filled with Incompetence and Negligence. He would probably get too distracted at home or outside of a classroom environment, but Homeschooling is a good idea. Thanks, I just wanted to help my brother and his wife out :) . I Appreciate all of your ideas. :) .

Douglas Adams

Endersdragon
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2005, 6:59 pm

Most aspies even in aspie schools get taught by NTs who dont understand them, just a fact of life.

Vote for me in 2020 :-D