Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

millie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2008, 8:03 pm

Quote:
Quote:
I have a playlist i can put on repeat for songs that take a long time for me to grow tired of or I never grow tired of.

i agree.

and kittenmeow; your new avatar is absolutely fantastic.

ephemerella
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2008, 8:11 pm

My husband, who was a child musical prodigy and played in his own band for a while, listens to heavy metal and classic stuff like Johnny Cash and Jimmy Hendrix. He says that music is supposed to be painful, angry, tormenting, etc. to be great art.

But then he gets too depressed to listen to it, and says that his music days are behind him (he has tendonitis and had to stop playing just after his band produced its first CD). He is too emotionally caught up in music to be only affected by it -- it's an emotional roller coaster for him.

I have running music and painting music (blues). They definitely affect my mood-for the better.

Nights_Like_These
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2008, 11:09 pm

ephemerella wrote:
I have running music and painting music (blues). They definitely affect my mood-for the better.

is your avatar something you painted? if so :thumleft:

--Aldous Huxley

FrogGirl
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Dec 2008, 12:24 am

my mood usually determines what I listen to.

Xelebes
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2008, 2:30 am

I don't have sad music. I have angry music though, and saccharine happy music.

kleodimus
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2008, 5:05 am

i'm a better gamer when i have my music on...

Vimse
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Dec 2008, 8:23 am

Music affects my mood more than anything else, and it is the only thing that can always make me feel emotions.

Acacia
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2008, 9:20 am

Vimse wrote:
Music affects my mood more than anything else, and it is the only thing that can always make me feel emotions.

Thank you for saying that. That is exactly how I feel.
Music is my emotional obsession, just as plants are my intellectual obsession.
Even when I'm not listening to music, my moods are defined by rhythms, little tunes and such that just cycle endlessly through my head.

For me, mood and music are very close to the same thing. Music is one of the clearest ways in which I express mood. When I play music, it's as if I have a tool designed specifically for releasing emotions. I listen to music when at all possible. It keeps me going and gives me hope.

Padium
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2008, 11:50 am

I will say this: Music is the rythim I live my life to, I always have some background music playing in my head, regardless of whether I have my mp3 with me or not, and I find that my walking speed will even be paced similar to the bpm of a song. Also, when stimming in a tapping form, it is to the beat of a song. My brother can often guess what song I have in my head if he has heard it, and I am tapping either my feet or fingers. My stimming also really annoys my parents alot.