Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2008, 12:59 pm

jkennedy293 wrote:
slowmutant wrote:
jkennedy293 wrote:
No, he is a complete moron.

Why do you say that?

The problem I have with Michael Moore, is that he twists the facts to support his own conclusions. If you do any research at all, you can find holes and omissions of facts in his movies. He uses the guise of a documentary to push his political agenda and edits his movie footage to skew the data so it meets his results. This wouldn't be an issue, but because he dons a holier than thou attitude it makes him, as I stated earlier, a complete moron.

what, and your own administration and national media don't do this better than anyone?? lol

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2008, 1:05 pm

MIchael Moore is pushing an agenda. But is he dishonest in how he presents the information or just biased in favour of his own cause? Are you calling him a liar?

Ah_Q
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2008, 3:26 pm

starvingartist wrote:
ALADDIN_1978 wrote:
I was watching Sicko the film about Health Care systems across the world. Michael Moore's has Canadian relatives in London, Ontario, Canada. His
home town is in Michigan which is close to Canada. His accent is close to a Canadian. His policies are more Canadian than American. I think he has roots in Canada.

his accent is NOT canadian. it is northern midwest american, which is VERY different from canadian.....when michiganders come over here we can tell the difference, we can hear the accent in their voices easily....i grew up in a border town between ontario and michigan and there is a HUGE difference in accent. you guys don't even call pop pop, you call it "soda" lol

Haha, that's true! "Pop" to me sounds like a slangish onomaetopea. Soda makes sense because that's what it is, soda water. That's the Sounthern influence, from workers recruited by Henry Ford from the South. Yeah, there's definately a difference in the accent, but I can see how to someone who isn't native to the Great Lakes Basin, it might all sound the same.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2008, 2:41 am

slowmutant wrote:
MIchael Moore is pushing an agenda. But is he dishonest in how he presents the information or just biased in favour of his own cause? Are you calling him a liar?

Ah, that's a complicated question with a complicated answer. Moore is sort of a genius at creating a perception of an untruth without quite coming out and lying about it, even his baseball cap wearing blue collar persona is fiction (he lives in an NYC penthouse, not Flint Michigan, and has been a multi-millionaire for many years). He worked one day on an automotive line, though he presents himself as the champion of the autoworker. I could go into great detail about the deceptions present in everything he's produced from Roger and Me to Fahrenheit/911, but it would be much quicker for you to go over to www.moorewatch.com and check their archives, they are sort of a clearing house of the real dirt on Michael Moore. I believe that one of their regulars even cowrote an expose on Moore, titled Michael Moore is a Fat Stupid White Man, informative reading if techniques of deceptive film making are interesting to you.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2008, 4:28 am

Didn't he only claim to have been raised in Flint, Michegan?