Page 1 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2009, 6:30 am

Why do so many lesbians have short hair? I have noticed this.

Is it part of how they identify each other, consciously or unconsciously?

b9
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2009, 6:41 am

slowmutant wrote:

well the "butch" ones i know want to look as much like boys as they can so they will attract girls that are on the verge of deciding which way they would like to go. the lesbians that are public and trawling like to look butch.

the majority of them i know are just normal looking girls who have no indications that are apparent.

lesbian girls seem to like me so i have met quite a lot, and it is from that base that i write what i wrote.

zghost
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2009, 10:41 am

Most of the ones I've known have had long hair, actually.
I thought the short hair was just a Hollywood stereotype.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2009, 10:44 am

Stereotypes are based in reality.

carturo222
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2009, 11:06 am

slowmutant wrote:
Stereotypes are based in reality.

Talk about vicious circles...

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2009, 11:38 am

A lot of women, as they grow older and especially after they're married, tend to cut their hair above their shoulders. Some even get waht might be considered a "masculine" haircut.

This does not mean that they're lesbians. It usually means that they're tired of the effort it takes to maintain long hair, and/or they know that once they're married, they no longer have to look as attractive as they were when single.

Thus, if a man is married to a woman, and she suddenly starts taking greater interest in her appearance - including letting her hair grow out - you can bet that either she has found someone new, or she fears that her husband has found someone new.

It's not a sure bet, although there are few other reasons for anyone to want to look attractive.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Mindtear
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2009, 3:01 am

slowmutant wrote:

May just be functionality, thier a competitive bunch. Most of the ones i know play field sports etc.

Ticker
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2009, 8:10 pm

It has nothing to do with sexuality. More and more women are opting for short hair these days. It used to be women just chopped their hair off when they got older because they were tired of having to bother with it so much just to appear attractive to men. But I see young school girls who aren't lesbians with short hair. If you look at Hollywood there are plenty of straight women that have opted for super short hairstyles. Holly Berry and Brittany Daniels are two that come to mind.

A lot of it's society. I mean I've been told that it looks immature for older women to have long hair. I personally think its looks weird seeing long, bleach blonde hair then the woman turns and I see her face is sagging in wrinkles. I'd say 80% of my female friends have short hair and actually only a couple of them are lesbian. Conversely, I know several lesbian women with long hair. And I'm lesbian and had long hair up until just 4 years ago when all my straight lady friends convinced me to get short hair like them. So much for your stereotypes.

Ticker
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2009, 8:17 pm

slowmutant wrote:

I have a question for you and am quite serious. Why do so many young men have long hair now? Why do so many young men and teenage boys dress in such feminine clothing these days? And by long hair I don't just mean length from the back of the head. But also the new trend with the bangs being so long it covers their eyes and goes down to their nose. And why all the girly curly hairstyles?

garyww
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2009, 8:52 pm

I really like short haired lesbians. I used to like long haired lesbians but they went out of style. They'll come back into trend eventually.

Ticker
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2009, 11:18 pm

garyww wrote:
I really like short haired lesbians. I used to like long haired lesbians but they went out of style. They'll come back into trend eventually.

I'm glad you like us Gary because I'd hate to have to grow out my hair ever again. Though the long haired lesbian mullet was really the rage about 15 yrs ago. I have much too much fun playing with hair gels to ever convert back.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2009, 12:16 am

Ticker wrote:
slowmutant wrote:

I have a question for you and am quite serious. Why do so many young men have long hair now? Why do so many young men and teenage boys dress in such feminine clothing these days? And by long hair I don't just mean length from the back of the head. But also the new trend with the bangs being so long it covers their eyes and goes down to their nose. And why all the girly curly hairstyles?

I wish I knew. :( :roll:

It's metrosexuality, I guess. It's the sissy look.

Ticker
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2009, 12:47 am

slowmutant wrote:
It's metrosexuality, I guess. It's the sissy look.

Well I wish they'd stop that because I almost accidently asked a guy out. :oops:

russian
Raven
Raven

08 Jan 2009, 2:51 am

long hair is nice in cold climates. It keeps the back of your neck warm. That is why russians have longer hair than Europeans. Check photos of Russians from before 1917.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2009, 3:55 am

I'm stil not convinced it has nothing to do with a woman's sexuality.

Ticker
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2009, 2:02 pm

slowmutant wrote:
I'm stil not convinced it has nothing to do with a woman's sexuality.

Well I think its just your wishful thinking because I listen to plenty of short haired women all ages go on about how sexy some guy is. I don't think they are lesbian.

I distinctly remember working at a place with a lot of over 40 married women and they all looked like stereotypical butch lesbians as they all had short hair cuts, wore flannel shirts, didn't wear makeup or color their hair yet they would also talk badly about gays and lesbians and they had husbands so I think they were all straight too.

Look I really wish you were right because that would give me a lot more women to ask out, but I'm telling you most of the short haired gals are straight.