Something that is troubling my mind

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

newchum
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2005, 11:24 pm

I dunno if this belongs into the Haven forum, but I will put it here neverless. It is problem I have which has troubled me a lot recently. Namely my almost complete withdrawal from my own family whom I live with.

Every spare time I spend at home is basically in my room, I hardly ever interact with my father or siblings, I eat all my meals in my bedroom. A boarder who lives with us is more a part of their lives than I am. On top of that I am very secretive about my personal life with them, I either feel I ashamed telling them about it or I think they have no right inquiring into my personal life.

I can't really move out unless they aren't going to be finanically adversely affected my moving out, they could be thrown out on the street if that happended. I guess for the forseeable future (which could be a very long time) I have to deal with

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2005, 11:39 pm

I'm the same way, mainly because my little brother has screaming tantrums every 10-15 minutes. He's 11, and goind through the same phase I did at 12-13...really crazy extreme angry screaming rages phase. I need to move out, but chances are looking slim. Oh well, still got 6 months to graduate. When I don't really trust my family with my social life (or anything really), because I don't really trust any of them. My mom is a talkative person (casheir) who comes into contact with at least 100 people every day. She's the kind of person who'll tell her life story to people she's never even met, social life + that = NO! She just got married though, so I might strike up the new husband for advice. The thing is, he got married in his 30's, what could he know aobut women that I don't already? Now I'm ranting, hope you have fun connecting with your family. I actually do get with them sometimes for a movie or whatever and talk sometimes, but I'm more content with my lonely room.

danlo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2005, 12:03 am

So, your family is now in the same place that everyone else is? Sad, but true: That's how it works, though generally not until you move out and live separate from them. I've also been noting it for a while now. Currently, I'm in an assisted living arrangement with one of my siblings; before it was with my dad, but he's moved out now. When my sister leaves, my parents are thinking to get a live-in carer. When that happens, well, that's the last I'll see of my family.

Larval
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2005, 4:16 pm

I prefer staying in my room and being alone. Don't see anything wrong with that.