Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

messygeek
Raven
Raven

07 Jan 2009, 11:52 am

Autism United has begun reaching out too, err more like harassing John Travolta’s family within a week of the death of their son Jett Travolta. According to the press release issued to the LA Times by Autism United “His role as a parent who dealt with a child suffering seizures could help to thousands of families with children suffering similar problems”. Read More on Autism United Harrasing John Travolota (link)

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2009, 11:57 am

While I'm no fan of the Travolta clan, I believe that anyone who is grieving over the loss of a loved one should be left alone to express their grief in private.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2009, 1:39 pm

What AU is doing is in very poor taste. :shameonyou: I may not agree with Scientology, but Mr. Travolta and his family are human beings first.

Ravenclawgurl
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2009, 1:48 pm

Fnord wrote:
While I'm no fan of the Travolta clan, I believe that anyone who is grieving over the loss of a loved one should be left alone to express their grief in private.

Amen

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2009, 4:35 pm

Seconded

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.

velodog
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter

07 Jan 2009, 4:39 pm

I'm with Fnord, slowmutant and Ravenclawedgirl on this one. Whoever the hell Autism United is right now they are showing as much class as Westboro Baptist scum did by protesting at Matthew Shepard's funeral. They sure as hell don't speak for me.

Everchanging
Toucan
Toucan

Location: In my ivory tower where I don't have to pretend to care what you think any more.

07 Jan 2009, 4:43 pm

***************************** That sort *********** of * thing has it's time **** and place. ********************* This was neither. **********

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2009, 5:01 pm

Dang, easy with the asterisks...

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.

buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2009, 5:21 pm

Everchanging wrote:
***************************** That sort *********** of * thing has it's time **** and place. ********************* This was neither. **********

8O

Kangoogle
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2009, 6:05 pm

More importantly, who / what are Autism United.

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2009, 7:22 pm

I dunno, but the way they are acting atm is no different than those mindf**ks over at autism speaks...

WhittenKitten
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Jan 2009, 7:36 pm

Just leave the poor Travolta family alone.

spockezri
Toucan
Toucan

07 Jan 2009, 8:03 pm

WhittenKitten wrote:

I second this statement.
I believe AU should be forced to listen to I'm Too Sexy and We Built This City along with You're the Inspiration all played on top of Toxic for a week as punishment.

You and I must fight for our rights,
You and I must fight to survive.

spockezri
Toucan
Toucan

07 Jan 2009, 8:05 pm

messygeek wrote:
Autism United has begun reaching out too, err more like harassing John Travolta’s family within a week of the death of their son Jett Travolta. According to the press release issued to the LA Times by Autism United “His role as a parent who dealt with a child suffering seizures could help to thousands of families with children suffering similar problems”. Read More on Autism United Harrasing John Travolota (link)

Did you write this article, messygeek-san?
I'm calling everyone -san today...

You and I must fight for our rights,
You and I must fight to survive.

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2009, 8:26 pm

spockezri wrote:
WhittenKitten wrote:

I second this statement.
I believe AU should be forced to listen to I'm Too Sexy and We Built This City along with You're the Inspiration all played on top of Toxic for a week as punishment.

Hah, if they weren't insane before, that would do it. That's enough to mindf**k anyone.

Katie_WPG
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Jan 2009, 9:32 pm

That's just tacky.

That, and they make the faux pas of assuming that epilepsy and autism are linked in a causal relationship. Maybe they're one of those "OMG, vaccines damaged mah baybee!! ! Gave them seizures!! !" groups.