PETA's campaign to rename fish 'sea kittens'

Page 5 of 6 [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

twoshots
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2009, 7:45 pm

Hell, I'd eat them even if they looked like sirens.

familiar_stranger
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2009, 5:50 am

PhR33kY wrote:
PETA fails because they have yet to address the underlying issues. If PETA had it's way, all industries that revolve around animals would be shut down. They have failed to address the issues that would arise as a result of their plans. They have not offered any proposals to counter in the social, economic, and cultural gaps that their policies would create.

I think if people called fish sea-kittens, then western culture would come to embrace consuming cats as food, rather than giving up eating fish.

i don't think PETA cares whether or not they're making the right move, all they want is for animals to have more rights than humans and aren't willing to comprimise even in the slightest.

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2009, 6:02 am

WTH? 'sea kittens'? How about we rename PETA instead... SOBN which stands for Self Obsessed Bunch of Ninnies.

Greyhound
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2009, 6:13 am

Jellybean wrote:
WTH? 'sea kittens'? How about we rename PETA instead... SOBN which stands for Self Obsessed Bunch of Ninnies.

:lol:

Dodgy circuitry! Diagnosed: Tourette syndrome. Suspected: auditory processing disorder, synaesthesia. Also: social and organisation problems. Heteroromantic asexual (though still exploring)

Greyhound
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2009, 6:30 am

Meow!--- :fish:

Dodgy circuitry! Diagnosed: Tourette syndrome. Suspected: auditory processing disorder, synaesthesia. Also: social and organisation problems. Heteroromantic asexual (though still exploring)

Arcanyn
Toucan
Toucan

17 Jan 2009, 9:37 am

My cat eats fish. Does this make him a cannibal now?

FieryGatoh
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2009, 9:45 am

Arcanyn wrote:
My cat eats fish. Does this make him a cannibal now?

I asked that exact same question XD

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2009, 10:15 am

If there's any doubt about why PETA are seen as extremist whackjobs by many...

familiar_stranger
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2009, 10:32 am

Tequila wrote:
If there's any doubt about why PETA are seen as extremist whackjobs by many...

the thing is do you need to be morally impaired on a great scale to join PETA or just hate humans and think animals should rule over us?

the egyptions used to worship cats but that was part of their religion, in a few years we might see the start of PETAism...

kalantir
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2009, 12:08 pm

I just hate when they try to twist the words of the bible to justify why they think everyone should be a vegetarian. As a christian who actually reads the bible, I know better. It clearly states we can/should eat meat.

"Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things. "----Genesis 9:3

And further more, the whole idea that animals should have the same rights as people is preposterous. Again, the bible clearly states..

"And God said, Let us make man in Our image, after Our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. So God created man in His image, in the image of God created He him; male and female created He them. And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth." -----Genesis 1:26 -28.

How they can try to use god to justify their cause is beyond me, and furthermore its straight up aggravating. Any other christians here who feel the same way?

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2009, 2:42 pm

what's next, crazy UFO cults adding the word "science" to their names?

familiar_stranger
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2009, 3:03 pm

computerlove wrote:

or even having a name that means 'the study of science' ;)

iaccidentallyx
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

17 Jan 2009, 3:27 pm

Peta is doin' it wrong. Fish are kitten food.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2009, 4:14 pm

computerlove wrote:

And they already have. :wink:

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2009, 4:35 pm

o_O
:lol:

steelback
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Jan 2009, 10:25 pm

It'll never work; it's got too many syllables. All the best meat words have one or two syllables: meat, beef, pork, fish, chicken, turkey, duck, snake, rabbit--see what I mean?