Page 1 of 38 [ 604 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 38  Next

Padium
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2009, 2:07 pm

What are some experiences you've had with something you enjoy that most people would question but is common for people on the spectrum.

I'll share one: I have been listening to the same song for at least an hour now.

garyww
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2009, 2:17 pm

You know you're autistic if............:
http://www.geocities.com/autistry/YMBAAI.html

12 Jan 2009, 2:23 pm

You were unaware others had feelings and they were like objects to you. Then you are surprised someone can cry too just like you.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2009, 2:31 pm

As recently mentioned on the Computing forum... you know your an aspie if you sit for hours watching the little blocks move around on screen while the computer hard drive defragments.

Greentea
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2009, 2:31 pm

...you think you're doing great socially at a job at last, when your boss calls you in to tell you everyone has complained about you and finds you repellent.

Padium
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2009, 2:34 pm

TallyMan wrote:
As recently mentioned on the Computing forum... you know your an aspie if you sit for hours watching the little blocks move around on screen while the computer hard drive defragments.

I've done that before with Win98 and could sit there watching it for hours it was so fun! In the end I was like "will the structure ever be finished?"... Anyways, I'm not the only one who has done that then.

garyww
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2009, 2:35 pm

I thought you were supposed to watch them.

Padium
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2009, 2:42 pm

garyww wrote:
I thought you were supposed to watch them.

Not when it takes 12 hours to finish...

notbrianna
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

12 Jan 2009, 3:05 pm

... The short-order-cook at the restuarnat where you usually eat tells you to not bother looking at the menu because you both know that you are going to order a blt on toasted white bread with just a little mayo and a pickle. Bonus points if the check out lady also give you a hard time.

Alicat1989
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Jan 2009, 3:32 pm

garyww wrote:
You know you're autistic if............:
http://www.geocities.com/autistry/YMBAAI.html

LOL :lol: I actually do 90% of the stuff on there lol.

talking wiv the tomcat :lol:

garyww
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2009, 3:39 pm

I do to, that's why it's so funny.

JoJerome
Toucan
Toucan

12 Jan 2009, 3:40 pm

notbrianna wrote:
... The short-order-cook at the restuarnat where you usually eat tells you to not bother looking at the menu because you both know that you are going to order a blt on toasted white bread with just a little mayo and a pickle. Bonus points if the check out lady also give you a hard time.

LOL! I was once told that the cook sees me driving up and actually does put my order on the grill before I even walk in the door while the waitress clears my usual table for me. They've even started shorthanding on the ticket, "The Jo Special" rather than write out all my little modifications. Fortunately, they find it more amusing than annoying - or maybe it's because I tip well. :wink:

- Jo

"Tip well! If you can afford the meal you can afford the tip and your wait staff gets paid crap!"

sillyputty
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2009, 4:14 pm

When I was a kid, I used to love going to the laundromat. I couldn't get enough of all those spinning clothes.

ike
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2009, 4:15 pm

Padium wrote:
TallyMan wrote:

I've done that before with Win98 and could sit there watching it for hours it was so fun! In the end I was like "will the structure ever be finished?"... Anyways, I'm not the only one who has done that then.

I did that a few times... back when I defragmented drives... I haven't defragged a drive in a while because they're so big now and defragging takes too long.

Last edited by ike on 12 Jan 2009, 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Padium
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2009, 4:18 pm

ike wrote:
Padium wrote:
TallyMan wrote:

I did that a few times... back when I defragmented drives... I haven't defragged a drive in a while because they're so big now and degragging takes too long.

Do it over night... Or over a weekend when your away.

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2009, 4:47 pm

:lmao: haha I was laughing like mad at that "you know your aspie when" site, omg especially the one about the looking at spinning fans. haha I'm still LOLing now