Page 28 of 38 [ 604 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 38  Next

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2018, 1:06 am

When you can identify instantly with MrMacPhisto's observation 8)

Let's play Hangman:

___ ___ ___ ___ ____

lol

MrMacPhisto
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2018, 2:30 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
When you can identify instantly with MrMacPhisto's observation 8)

Let's play Hangman:

___ ___ ___ ___ ____

lol

Don’t know, give up I don’t know your “Special Interest.”

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2018, 6:47 am

aussiebloke wrote:
You want hugs and friendship and a bit of sex but you do not want to listen to run of the mill stereotypical "nt " stories

Yes, you got me. Ditto to the person who posted wanting friends and not wanting friends, and being clingy and aloof.

xatrix26
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2018, 6:55 am

...you're driving your forklift at work and all you can think about is how many watts of power the Curiosity Rover is currently using on Mars thanks to its MMRTP (multi-mission radioisotopic thermoelectric generator).

:D

ADHD, OCD, and PTSD.

Keep calm and stim away. ;)

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2018, 8:55 am

Re. the special interests, I've done that, too. I have used words such as "Siamese," "kitten" and other cat-related words when playing Hangman.

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2018, 9:04 am

dragonsanddemons wrote:
...you seem to be completely unaffected by the uncanny valley.

:shrug: There are many times when I feel as though I *live* there.

Can't really be Sartre, way too handsome :roll: >>

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

MrMacPhisto
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2018, 9:39 am

IstominFan wrote:
Re. the special interests, I've done that, too. I have used words such as "Siamese," "kitten" and other cat-related words when playing Hangman.

My actual experience of Hangman was at school in the Communication Provision Class. You had to be Autistic to be in it. In Year 8 on Friday afternoons last lesson all of us Autistic students from each year were altogether and a few times we would end up playing Hangman and guess what used to happen. There was me and at that time my Special Interest was Formula 1 Motor Sport. Another guy his Special Interest was Football. Between us alone we came up with names of Grand Prix circuit specifically non English ones. The other guy who liked Football it was obscure Football Stadiums or Players. The teacher soon put a stop to those games.

Plus we were all very hyper in those lessons. Well, it was Friday Afternoon!

MrMacPhisto
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2018, 4:56 am

When you are in a room and there is someone else who is also on the Autistic Spectrum and they come up to talk to you about ‘their’ special interest and you disapprove of them as the person doesn’t share ‘your’ special interest. You end up having a conversation about your special interest at the same He is talking back about his Special Interest and it becomes a competition who has the better interest which will always be you.

Yes I have been there and done that.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2018, 5:10 am

You constantly compare your social life to your peers and get depressed

kazanscube
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2018, 7:26 am

When your mannerisms are quite noticeable to where, others often look at your strangely or consider you like some sort of Rain- Man like person.

rick42
Toucan
Toucan

24 Aug 2018, 10:31 am

When you feel like you don't need any friends or a romantic partner and don't have the need to get out of the house outside of work.

Biskit69
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Aug 2018, 4:34 pm

You know very rare information about your special interest (ex: You know that Jackie Robinson played on the Kansas City Monarchs before he played on the Brooklyn Dodgers) but you don't know where your math class is, when you've been in the same school for 2 years.

Biskit69
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Aug 2018, 4:35 pm

rick42 wrote:
When you feel like you don't need any friends or a romantic partner and don't have the need to get out of the house outside of work.

That's the opposite of me

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2018, 9:25 pm

People say, "How are you?" and you actually think they *want to know how you are*

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2018, 6:23 am

arth_96 wrote:
... you take 20 minutes just to get a bottle of water at the shop because you have to calculate all potential mishaps and then try to avoid a meltdown because despite your caution, there's still unexcepted things happening to you! :(

... you try to call someone and you prepare all your conversations in French before the call but then they reply to you in Dutch, you don't know what to say (even though you speak Dutch!) and because of the pressure, you just hang up. (I'm from Belgium)

Let me guess.

You live in Belgium?

Right?

Aspies in Quebec might have that problem with English vs French. And maybe in some corners of the US it might be English vs Spanish.

xatrix26
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2018, 6:47 am

kazanscube wrote:
When your mannerisms are quite noticeable to where, others often look at your strangely or consider you like some sort of Rain- Man like person.

One of my many nicknames growing up and even to this day at 43 years of age was Rain Man. Although, of all the nicknames I had, I prefer this one the most... I must be Autistic.

:D

ADHD, OCD, and PTSD.

Keep calm and stim away. ;)