Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Which Top 10 team in the Preseason Poll would you rank No. 1?
Chicago 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Chicago 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Colorado 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Colorado 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Dallas 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Dallas 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Georiga 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Georiga 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Los Angeles 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Los Angeles 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Nashville 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Nashville 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Orlando 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Orlando 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Philadelphia 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Philadelphia 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
San Jose 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
San Jose 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 10

GalileoAce
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2006, 9:20 pm

I find boxing boring to the Nth degree... But then I find most sports boring, including most "football" sports.

I much prefer to watch International level Field Hockey.

GA

eamonn
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2006, 9:38 pm

Why do you wear pads for protection in American football then? Was rugby a bit too hard for you guys? Basketball and baseball also have little or no contact.

I realise that rough stuff goes on in sports including soccer, that happens here too, but i prefer boxing because if someone gets rough with me i can whack em one without getting sent off.

Boxing is boring on a higher level a lot of the time but go to a local amatuer club and you should see a more exciting match. Quite the opposite of football. That get's more exciting the higher up in level you go.

kevv729
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2006, 10:03 pm

Rugby is football to Me. Very close to football. Though soccer is football to You guys.

Jetson
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2006, 5:35 am

Rakkety_Tamm wrote:
number one dumb ass, I'm a guy
Rakkety_Tamm: I have to admit that I also thought you were a girl for a *long* time, mainly because of your avitar. The girl in the photo is very predominant and seems to be the one "speaking" to us. Your nickname is gender-neutral. I didn't clue in until one of the posts about marriage when you mentioned your girlfriend, at which point I checked your profile. I can see how Danlo would have made the same incorrect assumption. This will be one of those little things you laugh about in your future reminiscing...

Rakkety_Tamm
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2006, 6:44 am

eamonn wrote:
Why do you wear pads for protection in American football then? Was rugby a bit too hard for you guys? Basketball and baseball also have little or no contact.

I realise that rough stuff goes on in sports including soccer, that happens here too, but i prefer boxing because if someone gets rough with me i can whack em one without getting sent off.

Boxing is boring on a higher level a lot of the time but go to a local amatuer club and you should see a more exciting match. Quite the opposite of football. That get's more exciting the higher up in level you go.

I geuss you've been watching professional baseball and basktetball, not youth/highschool, our team tackles in basketball, and we ram into base coverers to knock them off and hopefully out.

And, the AFL uses barely anypads, only enough to prevent the skin being compleatly ripped off the arms from the corse feild (no real grass here, only astro truff) and the Requiered Neck braces to prevent more broken necks, seeing as "clothes lineing" and "body slams are totaly leagule. Rugby players don't have anything on Arena players, trust me, I play wideout/linebacker on the Sylva-Webster youth Arena league, you have to keep going and going, 99% of arena players play the whole game, while that other 1% are the kickers.

And Jetson, my user name is NOT gender neutral, Rakkety Tamm McBural, whom I got the idea for my name, is a MALE character from books!

danlo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2006, 11:53 am

Rakkety_Tamm wrote:
And, the AFL uses barely anypads, only enough to prevent the skin being compleatly ripped off the arms from the corse feild (no real grass here, only astro truff) and the Requiered Neck braces to prevent more broken necks, seeing as "clothes lineing" and "body slams are totaly leagule.

Am I the only Aussie laughing at Rakkety Tamm's assumptions? They're legal in the Australian Football League, and we don't wear neck braces. All you have to do is make it look accidental. If you only watched the AFL Grand Final, Rakkety. You should check out Hall's clothesline on David Wirrapunda. Did anyone watch the leg break on Richmond's Nathan Brown? That was nasty. The only reason I can see why your athletes die in your sport, is that they're amateurs. I'll try and find a website with some shots of our sport for you. Then you can see how amateur your sport is.
Lol, I checked out some shots of their game, they're all pansies. They wear helmets and crap, lmao. Just like everything about American "physical" sports. They've only had 1 death in AFL, an LA Avengers player called Al Lucas, who died in April 10, 2005. There's been 1 in the AF2, a Julian Yearwood, apparently from heart problems and not from a sporting injury. Hardly the 15 Rakkety thinks there has been.

Scoots5012
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2006, 12:51 pm

Rakkety_Tamm wrote:
I geuss you've been watching professional baseball and basktetball, not youth/highschool, our team tackles in basketball, and we ram into base coverers to knock them off and hopefully out.

Tackling in high school basketball???? Hmmmm..... How many points does your team give away per game on intentional and technical fouls?

eamonn
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2006, 1:53 pm

Rugby is statistacly the most dangerous field team sport but unless your prepared to fight a bull with your bare hands i call "wuss".

SB2
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2006, 3:59 pm

eamonn wrote:
Rugby is statistacly the most dangerous field team sport but unless your prepared to fight a bull with your bare hands i call "wuss".

And yet, people still get paralyzed pl;aying american Football.

Have you ever heard of turf toe? Very serious indeed.

eamonn
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2006, 4:23 pm

Why dont you use grass then? Only the cheap clubs here use plastic pitches to save on upkeep.

Rakkety_Tamm
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2006, 8:31 pm

danlo wrote:
Rakkety_Tamm wrote:
And, the AFL uses barely anypads, only enough to prevent the skin being compleatly ripped off the arms from the corse feild (no real grass here, only astro truff) and the Requiered Neck braces to prevent more broken necks, seeing as "clothes lineing" and "body slams are totaly leagule.

Am I the only Aussie laughing at Rakkety Tamm's assumptions? They're legal in the Australian Football League, and we don't wear neck braces. All you have to do is make it look accidental. If you only watched the AFL Grand Final, Rakkety. You should check out Hall's clothesline on David Wirrapunda. Did anyone watch the leg break on Richmond's Nathan Brown? That was nasty. The only reason I can see why your athletes die in your sport, is that they're amateurs. I'll try and find a website with some shots of our sport for you. Then you can see how amateur your sport is.
Lol, I checked out some shots of their game, they're all pansies. They wear helmets and crap, lmao. Just like everything about American "physical" sports. They've only had 1 death in AFL, an LA Avengers player called Al Lucas, who died in April 10, 2005. There's been 1 in the AF2, a Julian Yearwood, apparently from heart problems and not from a sporting injury. Hardly the 15 Rakkety thinks there has been.

Your obivously looking in the wrong places then! Off the top of my head, #17, (AF2) Birmingham Bull Dogs quaterback Brandon Ledbettor, broken neck. #25, (former AFL team)Carolina Cobra's WR/Saftey, Cory Siler, broken back. #8, (former AF2 team) Durem Rebals, D-End/O-tackle, Billy Aires. And we have to wear helmits because damn "health" compayies from outside the USA (mostly the French) keep sueing team due to deaths, hence why Caroina and Durem had to shut down, running out of money, so before you go mouthing off, learn stuff! HAH! you probly couldn't even last a single half in the youth arena league.