Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Which Top 10 team in the Preseason Poll would you rank No. 1?
Chicago 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Chicago 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Colorado 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Colorado 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Dallas 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Dallas 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Georiga 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Georiga 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Los Angeles 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Los Angeles 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Nashville 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Nashville 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Orlando 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Orlando 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Philadelphia 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Philadelphia 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
San Jose 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
San Jose 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 10

Rakkety_Tamm
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2005, 8:23 am

Vote for which AFL team ranked in the top ten in the preseason poll do you think will end up being ranked number one?

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2005, 6:06 pm

Orlando has Disneyworld!! ! :D :D :D

GalileoAce
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2005, 5:43 am

Well this thread was disappointing... I'd expect AFL to mean Australian Football League...

:(

GA

Astarael
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2005, 5:46 am

So did I GA.. do you follow Aussie rules? *considers starting a thread* :P

GalileoAce
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2005, 5:51 am

I don't think "follow" is probably the most apt word... But I do try to keep track of what's going on, especially with Geelong Cats, as I hail from there originally.

Rakkety_Tamm
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2005, 10:19 am

Why would I post anything to do with Australia? I'm an American! The Arena football league is the hardest hitting, fastest paced football league anywere. THe field is 50 yards long, and 25 yards across. 8 players on each team, walls are inbounds as well as goal posts. Its normal to see scores in the 80's. I predict that this year in Arena Bowl 20, it will be the Chicago Crush vs. the Orlando Predators, though I would love to see Nashville do well this season, but it would be hard to do worse than last year, i say the Nasheville Kats make it to the post season

danlo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2005, 8:32 pm

Rakkety_Tamm wrote:
The Arena football league is the hardest hitting, fastest paced football league anywere.

Rakkety rakkety rakkety. You're dreaming, girl. Australian Rules Football is the hardest hitting, fastest paced football league anywhere. Each team has 18 players on field at any time. The football field is around 200 yards long. For our code, it's normal to see scores above 100 on a fine day. http://www.iafc.com.au/ is the website of the International Australian Football Council. There is, in fact, going to be an Australian Football World Cup held in 2008. There is local leagues set up in USA, Britain, Denmark and a host of other countries. Why should you post anything to do with Australia? You shouldn't, except it's not to do with Australia, it's just a game named after us which a lot of people are starting to play. Forget your silly football, ours is the greatest sport on earth!

Last edited by danlo on 23 Dec 2005, 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

GalileoAce
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2005, 9:21 am

danlo wrote:
Rakkety_Tamm wrote:
The Arena football league is the hardest hitting, fastest paced football league anywere.

Rakkety rakkety rakkety. You're dreaming, girl. Australian Rules Football is the hardest hitting, fastest paced football league anywhere. Each team has 18 players on field at any time. The football field is around 200 yards long. For our code, it's normal to see scores above 100 on a fine day. http://www.iafc.com.au/ is the website of the International Australian Football Council. There is, in fact, going to be an Australian Football World Cup held in 2008. There is local leagues set up in USA, Britain, Denmark and a host of other countries. Why should you post anything to do with Australia? You shouldn't, except it's not to do with Australia, it's just a game named after us which a lot of people are starting to play. Forget your silly football, it's

It's what??

I had no idea there were International comps... I knew there wer international leagues (leagues in other countries), but not a comp consisting of other nations...

The World Cup sounds cool...Australia is so going to kick arse :P

axelkat
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2006, 3:15 pm

Utah has a team this year. The Utah Blaze. Anyhoo, My pick is for Chicago.

SB2
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2006, 5:39 pm

Manchester United! Yeah!! !!

Rakkety_Tamm
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2006, 8:23 am

danlo wrote:
Rakkety_Tamm wrote:

Rakkety rakkety rakkety. You're dreaming, girl. Australian Rules Football is the hardest hitting, fastest paced football league anywhere. Each team has 18 players on field at any time. The football field is around 200 yards long. For our code, it's normal to see scores above 100 on a fine day. http://www.iafc.com.au/ is the website of the International Australian Football Council. There is, in fact, going to be an Australian Football World Cup held in 2008. There is local leagues set up in USA, Britain, Denmark and a host of other countries. Why should you post anything to do with Australia? You shouldn't, except it's not to do with Australia, it's just a game named after us which a lot of people are starting to play. Forget your silly football, ours is the greatest sport on earth!

number one dumb ass, I'm a guy, and number two, there are NO Australian teams withen 1000 miles of where I live, so as far as Im concerned, your lying. Your players would not survive the AFL, in fact, in the last 3 years, there have been 15 deaths due to the roughness of the sport, broken necks, backs. etc, in both the AFL and its counterpart the AF2. Do not talk about what you do not understand.

You are the weakest link, good bye!

ghotistix
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2006, 2:54 pm

Everyone, ease up on the insults. Let's have a civilized discussion, OK?

eamonn
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2006, 7:36 pm

There is only one genuine world competed football and that is what the yanks call "soccer". If you want hard-hitting watch boxing. Football is about ball skills.

kevv729
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2006, 8:36 pm

Rugby. Is that football in the U.K. too.

eamonn
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2006, 9:06 pm

No it isnt, rugby is rugby and football is football.

Rakkety_Tamm
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2006, 9:08 pm

eamonn wrote:
There is only one genuine world competed football and that is what the yanks call "soccer". If you want hard-hitting watch boxing. Football is about ball skills.

Ok, every physical sport in the USA is hard-hitting, I play youth arena football during the winter, and soccer the rest of the year, and our soccer coach tells us to aim at the groin. I persoly am one of the most aggresive half-backs (right or center) in our league. I'm know to not only steel the ball, but to try and make sure that the offensive player I steal it from ends up on the ground. In America, you wanna play a sport, you gotta be tough.