Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Katatonic
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2009, 10:01 pm

To Hell with RE5! I'm stuck at the end just before I have to fight...uh....the big daddy of 'em all. They throw the toughest bastards at you and....yeah. I'm stuck. My fault for going into it on Hard mode first time, having only 23 pistol rounds, 28 shotgun rounds, and 3 magnum rounds and only $1,200 to buy things with :(

Ahaseurus2000
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2009, 6:41 am

Zerp Punctuation Review.

Yahtzee's reviews are critically acclaimed. If he says it's good/bad, it probably is.

Space
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2009, 10:56 pm

I rented the game and played through it on normal. Great game, lots of fun, great graphics, etc. but definitely more action than survival horror. Resident evil 4 was better, but 5 was still great. Definitely one of the best games in awhile.

kalantir
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2009, 11:58 am

Katatonic wrote:
To Hell with RE5! I'm stuck at the end just before I have to fight...uh....the big daddy of 'em all. They throw the toughest bastards at you and....yeah. I'm stuck. My fault for going into it on Hard mode first time, having only 23 pistol rounds, 28 shotgun rounds, and 3 magnum rounds and only $1,200 to buy things with :(

Wait untill you try it on Professional difficulty. I'd suggest doing it with a friend. Pretty much die in one hit from anything without the armors. Then you'll usually get dropped to "dying" as soon as you get hit from anything. Except dogs I guess... for some reason they don't one shot you. I honestly think it'd be insane to attempt RE5 in Professional using the partner AI instead of playing co-op.

Btw... if you need help, pm me and I can give you some tips. I've beaten the game 6 times now. Twice in every difficulty except only once in professional. If you are at the part I think you are, you shouldn't really need much ammo.

Prosser
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2009, 7:26 pm

I'd like to think I'm good at it 8)

Kindern
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

27 Apr 2009, 8:56 pm

this is my first time playing a Resi game...and whilst it took a fair few levels to get used to the controls (I was about ready to just give up the first time i had to deal with a swarm and that executioner guy) I fell into the swing of things it actually became too easy... especially with a decently upgraded pistol.

good game though

xxx

flyingninja123
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 May 2009, 10:37 pm

I must say that I thought Deadspace was a better game. RE5 was just RE4 with a bad inventory system and, a bad secondary helper character.