Page 3 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2023, 6:48 am

markitzero wrote:
I have not use Norton since the Win 9x Days. I use Avast Free on my laptop. If I go to any risky sites or downloads I will do it in a VM or use an android device to do it.

Is Android supposed to be safer for risky sites & downloads? I know Windows can be particular vulnerable to such things.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2023, 6:49 am

ToughDiamond wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
I remember Norton Ghost! It was more effective than Windows XP and its 'system restore' feature. :)

Ghost is still in regular use here, on a number of old XP desktops and a Win7 laptop.

Oh wow.

markitzero
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2023, 10:15 am

blitzkrieg wrote:
markitzero wrote:
I have not use Norton since the Win 9x Days. I use Avast Free on my laptop. If I go to any risky sites or downloads I will do it in a VM or use an android device to do it.

Is Android supposed to be safer for risky sites & downloads? I know Windows can be particular vulnerable to such things.

The heart of android is Linux or Unix based build what you interact on screen with Java based. For windows executables that is where a virtual machine comes in

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2023, 12:45 pm

markitzero wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
markitzero wrote:

The heart of android is Linux or Unix based build what you interact on screen with Java based. For windows executables that is where a virtual machine comes in

:salut:

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2023, 7:56 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
ToughDiamond wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
I remember Norton Ghost! It was more effective than Windows XP and its 'system restore' feature. :)

Ghost is still in regular use here, on a number of old XP desktops and a Win7 laptop.

Oh wow.

I was also using Windows XP when this thread was created.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2023, 8:00 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
ToughDiamond wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:

Oh wow.

I was also using Windows XP when this thread was created.

I tried the lesser used and lesser known 64-bit version of Windows XP, as well as the home and professional (32-bit) versions.

It wasn't as good with support for various things/compatibility, but I have fond memories of it nonetheless.