Birmingham/West Midlands autistic group launch, Wed 18th Feb

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

shivanataraja
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Feb 2009, 6:02 pm

For anyone in the Midlands (UK):

There will be a meeting in Birmingham on Wednesday 18th February to discuss launching an Autistic Rights Movement group in the West Midlands.

The venue will be the Journey Metropolitan Community Church, which is in Birmingham city centre, immediately behind Birmingham Moor Street station and a short walk from the other main city centre stations (New Street and Snow Hill). (JMCC has a website with possibly better directions, but Wrong Planet seemingly won't let me post any URLs, so you'll have to google it - it's the first result that comes up for "Journey Metropolitan Community Church"...)

(for anyone concerned, there is no religious affiliation - the venue being a church is simply a matter of it being a convenient, cheap and centrally located venue, and one which other social/campaigning groups in Birmingham meet in.)

We have the room from 6 til 9pm, i estimate the meeting to start around 6.30pm (allowing for setting up the laptop/projector). It will start with a showing of the DVD "Something About Us" (which i heavily recommend to anyone who hasn't seen it - if you can't make the meeting, it's on Google Videos, but again i can't post the URL here because this forum won't let me - if you can't find it, PM me with your email address and i'll forward you it...), followed by a discussion of what kind of group people want to create and what kind of issues people want to campaign on in the West Midlands.

Anyone on the autistic spectrum (or cousins/allies) in the West Midlands area (including Warwickshire, Worcestershire, Shropshire, Staffordshire, etc) is very welcome. PM me if you need any further directions/details.

hairmonster85
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

17 Feb 2009, 11:48 am

Not able to make it, but good luck for tomorrow. If it works, hopefully we could get something started in Leeds

hairmonster85