Page 3 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

BellaDonna
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2009, 4:33 am

My DD was.. oh I can't say. It is nothing to do with me, it's what my boyfriend did once. I always wondered if it bordered on abuse or not.

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2009, 8:56 am

BellaDonna wrote:
My DD was.. oh I can't say. It is nothing to do with me, it's what my boyfriend did once. I always wondered if it bordered on abuse or not.
Then why post that at all, if you know people will be curious. Also, I thought you said you had an 11 year old? But your profile says you are only 23. I feel an interesting story waiting to be told...

BellaDonna
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2009, 9:02 am

ShadesOfMe wrote:
BellaDonna wrote:
Then why post that at all, if you know people will be curious. Also, I thought you said you had an 11 year old? But your profile says you are only 23. I feel an interesting story waiting to be told...

It isn't an interested story. It upsets me and yes I shouldn't have posted it. :x

I thought I might have had a supportive response - I doubt that. It is something I kind of want to share because I never have had.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2009, 12:55 pm

BellaDonna wrote:

It might explain a few things if it was the case, but I don't know if you will ever know. Better to let go of the speculation and focus on building a positive relationship with her. If you can do that, she may open up enough to you someday for you to know, and help her resolve the harm from it.

And I am sorry - very sorry - for all the difficult things I know you have been through.

You need to allow yourself to heal. Take care of yourself, OK?

Ticker
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2009, 1:04 pm

0_equals_true wrote:
Tiker is also kind of prone to misinterpreting opinions and facts and making generalisations.

Tiker wrote:
The chances are next to nil that a AS guy will ever impress a girl or have anything to offer her. Its the absolute truth. A lot of AS people that somehow end up in relationships are guilty of emotional abuse of their partners. So its best not to encourage a boy to get his hopes up and have unrealistic goals for life. Also you don't need to encourage the stalking behavior because they will end up with a police record instead of going onto having a good job.

Tiker wrote:
s widely known that most Aspergers both male and female have higher than normal testosterone levels from birth

She may be referring to research done on exposure to testosterone in the womb, which is not the same as having a hormone imbalance yourself. There is no evidence to suggest that ASD have high or abnormal testosterone levels overall. In fact I showed here an example of an asexual with 0 testosterone in the forum.

Tiker wrote:
You have to say it over and over again to get through thick Aspie heads

Disassociation with regard to abuse needn’t have anything to do with phasing out. Just because one thing occurs with another doesn’t mean they always occur together.

You need to QUIT HARRASSING ME. You attack me in post after post to the point you single me out intentionally. I have never attacked you as a person 0 Equals True so I don't know what your problem is. You can disagree with my posts all you want but do not personally attack me because I have never attacked you.

Ticker
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2009, 1:12 pm

Gromit wrote:
Ticker wrote:
I can't comment on your home life, but the "phasing out" thing you mention is called Dissociation.

I think you are too hasty. Here are the diagnostic criteria:
Quote:
A. The presence of two or more distinct identities or personality states (each with its own relatively enduring pattern of perceiving, relating to, and thinking about the environment).

B. At least two of these identities or personality states recurrently take control of the person's behavior.

C. Inability to recall important personal information that is too extensive to be explained by ordinary forgetfulness.

D. The disturbance is not due to the direct physiological effects of a substance (e.g., blackouts or chaotic behavior during alcohol intoxication) or a general medical condition (e.g., complex partial seizures). Note: In children, the symptoms are not attributable to imaginary playmates or other fantasy play (p. 487).

From An examination of the diagnostic validity of dissociative identity disorder, quoting the diagnostic manual.harlow's description of her daughter's drifting off does not meet these criteria.

I did not say this girl had DID. There are 4 kinds of Dissociative disorders, plus people can Dissociate when they have other disorders, PTSD being one of those. And no I didn't say she had PTSD either. I said phasing out is a sign of dissociating and dissociating is often related to child abuse this according to my psychologist. There is no such think ag "phasing out" that's a sugar coated word that doesn't exist. If someone loses touch with reality it is Dissociation. Its obvious the child is disturbed thus why I suggested counseling as an expert needs to get to the bottom of this. And its also evident the mother is disturbed or maybe has Aspergers herself because normal people do no repeatedly touch someone else in a way that the other person says makes them feel pain or discomfort. When you touch someone and they tell you to stop but you keep doing it then you are violating the person's body and their rights. Something is WRONG if you keep touching people even after they tell you to STOP. Both of them need counseling.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2009, 1:25 pm

Actually I merely quoted your posts, to explain why it is you are posting generalisations. It is possibly something that you don't realise.

You should consider the impact of what you say, those can be like personal attacks.

I have not harassed you. I have no contact with you other the threads I am already posting in and have something to say on. I have only responded to your inflammatory comments on the odd occasion. Where is post after post? I posted the last one. You would have to go back a long, long time, when you singled out RB, since the previous comment on you. There isn't really a lot more to say on the matter other than that.

Ticker
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2009, 2:01 pm

When you attack me personally just because you don't agree with me that is harrassment. When you repost my post within other threads that is also harrassment and has nothing to do with this thread. I wonder if its not also against WP rules to repost someone's post in another thread without their permission?

If you hate me and disagree with me that's fine. But do not drag me through the coals just so you can look all macho or whatever it is you are trying to do. I have not posted anything personal against you so I suggest you LEAVE ME ALONE! Let me also remind you this post is not about me its about a woman accused of abusing her daughter and her asking for advice and comments. I'm not the mother in question nor the child.

harlow
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Feb 2009, 2:22 pm

Ticker,

Luckily, neither my daughter, nor I are *disturbed*. If we were, you posts would certainly not have been helpful and might have even been damaging. People come here looking for help, guidance, assistance and friendship. Many of those people are in vulnerable positions. It is very important to ask yourself if your comment will help the person who has already admitted they are in need. If it is not helpful, it may very well be harmful and is best left unsaid. Like I said above, neither of us are disturbed so no harm has been done. I did not take the post(s) personal, I just assumed you were having a bad day.

0_equals_true & Gromit,

I did appreciate your posts. Thank you.