Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

colonel1fan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Jan 2006, 9:00 pm

I'm in college and when I first went I didn't do a whole lot, but as I got used to college I got involved with things. Now, I am part of the Student Activities Council, a branch of Student Government Association, and we promote student activities on campus and whatnot. Also, I am part of my dorm's hall council and we work on getting more events and programs run through the dorm,etc. That's what I'm doing to put myself out there. It's kind of fun, being apart of the campus.

Stereokid
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Jan 2006, 4:16 pm

Alex wrote:

[quote]You had good stuff happen to you in high school! the good stuff doesn't always happen to her. Anyway, sometimes the best things happen when you aren't even expecting them.[quote]

Before then, all I did was schoolwork, be in the audience, and do stuff with family. In general terms, before 10th, 11th, and 12th grade, I was pretty much a more modest kid.

Maybe a better title for this thread of mine should be "I want to get more involved, and get recognition for it," not just from family, but from other people in my area as well.

Sitting in the audience is not very fun for me. When I do, I see other people performing, and then get a little bit jealous in return. I think to myself, "Why can't I do that?"

Isn't there anything I can get involved with that might get me more praise and attention?