Page 1 of 12 [ 186 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next

Are you a "lipstick aspie"?
Absolutely! I won't leave the house without at least a little make-up 39%  39%  [ 101 ]
Au naturale for me. I don't like all that greasy make-up and uncomfortable clothes. 39%  39%  [ 101 ]
Au naturale for me. I don't like to stand out. 9%  9%  [ 22 ]
N/A. My parents won't let me wear make up yet. 2%  2%  [ 4 ]
No! I have my reasons. 11%  11%  [ 29 ]
Total votes : 257

MmeLePen
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2009, 11:04 am

I am wondering if this is an aspie-thing.

I have very "male-oriented" likes, skills, and talents. I work in a male-dominated industry and love it. I drink beer, watch baseball, read military history, love cars...

I am one of the guys except for one small thing. I am obsessed with make-up and fashion. My tastes have evolved over the years - but I've always loved fashion and beauty stuff. I don't dress sexy - but I am always "put together".

I am straight, married, yadda yadda yadda - but I do feel as if I have a guy's left brain and a girl's right brain.

What's your preference?

PS: One area I diverge from NT fashionistas (maybe) - I can't stand heels!

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2009, 11:07 am

Nah, not me. I wear a little bit of makeup sometimes and every once and a while when I feel like it I'll go 'all out' (eg some powder, blush, eyeshadow, eyeliner and lip gloss :lol: ) But I often do leave the house without any makeup on at all.

Actually, I'm not wearing any at work today! :lol:

gina-ghettoprincess
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2009, 11:16 am

That's exactly me! I wear makeup and fashionable clothes, but I'm kind of tomboy mentally.

y es como un semestre"

BellaDonna
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2009, 11:41 am

I wear lipstick. Not all the time but I do wear it and lip gloss.
A year or two back I was wearing hot pink or fushe pink lipstick with pig tails.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2009, 12:04 pm

I don't know whether what i wear would be concidered "fashionable"..but I do sorta have my own unique style, mostly consisting of weird thrift store clothes....and I do wear makeup.

Currently it is an almost unused "bare minerals" set I got at a garage sale for $2
and
Jordana matte BROWN lipstick, which it the best color and seldom is sold for over $2

Here I am with a "normal" amount of makeup

then I will often get dressed up in my stage costumes...

where I will wear slightly more makeup and whatnot...

Last edited by poopylungstuffing on 12 Feb 2009, 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ticker
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2009, 12:08 pm

I don't wear makeup except for at job interviews and parties. If you knew what lipstick was made of you wouldn't want to wear it.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2009, 12:09 pm

there are good natural brands....I have one..can't think of the name of it though...

MomofTom
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2009, 12:30 pm

mitharatowen wrote:
Nah, not me. I wear a little bit of makeup sometimes and every once and a while when I feel like it I'll go 'all out' (eg some powder, blush, eyeshadow, eyeliner and lip gloss :lol: ) But I often do leave the house without any makeup on at all.

Actually, I'm not wearing any at work today! :lol:

Same here. I usually don't feel the urge to get all glammed up to buy groceries. Besides, I already have a man. The simple way I see it is that there's no need to impress anyone else. Sure, there are times that I need to look spiffy; just not everyday.

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2009, 12:31 pm

^ Eehhh I rarely dress to impress anyone. If I dress up it is more likely that I simply felt like it today.

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2009, 12:38 pm

I used to be. Now I really just don't care what i look like when I go out the door. Unless i'm going to a store or something, then I'll at least try to look a little nice.

Ticker
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2009, 12:40 pm

I didn't know there was such thing as natural lipstick? The commercial brand lipsticks are all made of bat poop.

I use lip balm instead of lipstick. But have to be careful with lip balm too because they put dangerous chemicals in a lot of brands. Even the natural brands aren't always safe for me as I've discovered I have an allergy to Jojoba and a lot of lip balm manufacturers are using that now for some reason.

irishwhistle
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2009, 12:50 pm

Powder and eye makeups irritate my skin and eyes. Most lipsticks have an offensive chemical flavor to the coloring and are too unpleasant to wear. When I did wear makeup, I would wear the lightest of tinted lotions with a very fine powder, mascara (non waterproof) and maybe eye shadow. I've never needed blush due to being rosy enough on my own. For the lips I would prefer a lip liner with a balm over top to moisten it, a tinted lip balm when possible. But most of the time I wear no makeup except for a tinted lip balm to mask the results of my compulsive lip peeling. I wear it on Halloween but it always feels like something is munching ever so gently on my skin cells.

The world loves diversity... as long as it's pretty, makes them look smart and doesn't put them out in any way.

There's the road, and the road less traveled, and then there's MY road.

millie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2009, 1:09 pm

i cannot really wear makeup as it irritates my skin and feels horrid

Ticker
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2009, 1:31 pm

irishwhistle wrote:
I wear it on Halloween but it always feels like something is munching ever so gently on my skin cells.

Whenever I wear even the hypoallergenic foundation or blush and then wash it off with the gentlest of cleaners my skin still has this burning sensation and looks red for 3-4 days afterwards.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2009, 2:04 pm

I hate the smell of most lipsticks.
I also hate most colors that are not very close to brown.
I am very picky.

I likes my bare minerals stuff..it has sunblock in it..does not feel like anything on my skin.
Makes me look ever-so-slightly better.

I hope I find some more at a garage sale again before I run out.

MmeLePen
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2009, 2:05 pm

poopylungstuffing wrote:
I don't know whether what i wear would be concidered "fashionable"..but I do sorta have my own unique style, mostly consisting of weird thrift store clothes....and I do wear makeup.

Currently it is an almost unused "bare minerals" set I got at a garage sale for $2
and
Jordana matte BROWN lipstick, which it the best color and seldom is sold for over $2

Here I am with a "normal" amount of makeup

then I will often get dressed up in my stage costumes...

where I will wear slightly more makeup and whatnot...

Ah ha! You nailed it! Its not about getting guys (it never was) and its not about hiding behind a facade.

Its a creative hobby/obsession. Its the ritual. I get "cleaned up" even when its just me. (Hey, we're aspies! It's always just about ME.)

And its about the products. Only the best, most comfortable or coolest. More glittery, sparkly stuff to obsess over. Like, I ONLY wear Smashbox and Urban Decay eyeshadow. ONLY ONLY ONLY. And I, too, ONLY wear Bare Minerals. ONLY ONLY ONLY.

And I don't spend a lot of time getting ready. I have it down to a finely-tuned routine - even though I use like 20 different tools and products.

And with regards to "style", I am just happy to live in a time and place where we can dress stylishly and still be comfortable! Comfort will always be numero uno, in my fashion portfolio! :wink:

PS: I LOVE getting dressed up for Halloween! I'm always the geek in the office who really gets into it!