Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Padium
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2009, 5:42 pm

Anyone else find that if they go to long without a shave, and I mean guys in particular, that it bothers them physicly? If I don't shave often enough I get odd sensations on my face and it can be really bothersome. I also don't shave as often when its cold out, just often enough that work doesn't complain, and it protects my face from the cold wind. I can't stand when it gets past a stuble, and I don't know what I will do, as I want a goatee...

Xelebes
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2009, 5:46 pm

It takes a while to get used to.

/needs a new pic for avatar.

http://xelebes.wordpress.com/
My Blog

Benjamming
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 Feb 2009, 5:48 pm

After a couple weeks of growth it stops being itchy.

Padium
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2009, 5:51 pm

I am not ready to grow my goatee just yet, my mustache is still having to get a little thicker, its getting there though.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2009, 6:45 pm

Padium wrote:
Anyone else find that if they go to long without a shave, and I mean guys in particular, that it bothers them physicly? If I don't shave often enough I get odd sensations on my face and it can be really bothersome. I also don't shave as often when its cold out, just often enough that work doesn't complain, and it protects my face from the cold wind. I can't stand when it gets past a stuble, and I don't know what I will do, as I want a goatee...

When the stubble become a beard on goes through the "ichys".

ruveyn

Warsie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2009, 6:47 pm

Padium wrote:
Anyone else find that if they go to long without a shave, and I mean guys in particular, that it bothers them physicly? If I don't shave often enough I get odd sensations on my face and it can be really bothersome.

welll I don't exactly shave but I have a similar problem with hair growing too much and having it cut. Sometimes it itches if I let it grow out too much.

Dussel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2009, 6:48 pm

I have a moustache since the age of 16 and never removed it (I even can't image my face without one). I must say I would miss the sensation.

I do shave only regular if it really necessary (job), otherwise I let grow what is growing. A clear shaven face needs effort and I do not see the point of putting here any effort without a real need.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2009, 7:55 pm

I shave approximately once a week.

Padium
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2009, 8:23 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
I shave approximately once a week.

I shave before a shift, and that's it, so roughly once a week as well, though my stache should get it more often, as I am trying to have it reach the thickness it will ultimately have a little faster.

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2009, 8:25 pm

Padium wrote:

the downs guy am live with uses a electric shaver on himself twice a day [morning and night] which makes him better as he hates the feel of stubble,but for him to do it am stopped from whatever am doing which sets am off for not being able to finish off what was doing,and then have to wait outside and usually end up crippled by the neighbours noise anyway.

[am female] and just shave head,use a blue disposable type razor it has double blades on it,and am shred head with it,like the feel of shaving head,it doesnt make hair very short,but am hate the feel of head when havent done it every week,not because of routine-more the feel,it feels horrible,heavy and deep scratching in back/neck when bending head back.
if am was allowed a razor here would constantly be shaving head for the feel of it.

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!

ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2009, 8:37 pm

i got too much mestizo in me to get any bothersome levels of beard.

mine is more like a "che gue beard" 8)

sbcmetroguy
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2009, 11:21 pm

My facial hair grows in weird patches, not very uniform or dense, so I have to shave often to keep from looking odd. But I only shave on Sunday nights (have to shave tonight, UGH) and Wednesday nights. On the weekend I do not care how I look most of the time, because I do not go out much and I just don't care.

Nephesh
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Feb 2009, 3:56 pm

Padium wrote:

I'm just the opposite, back when I shaved my skin would break out something terrible. Yes, my face got bothered a bit as the beard was growing out and it still bothers me on occasion if I haven't taken time to shampoo it as recently as I should, but that is as far as it goes. Let it grow and put shampoo and conditioner in it regularly and it shouldn't give you too much problem. I've now gone without shaving for more than 20 years.

The shaving thing may just be because I tend to get irritated with metal. I can't wear metal backed wristwatches (or wristwatch bands). My skin tends to get red and irritated where metal is touching. Since touch sensitivity is common for those with AS I suspect that many here experience the same thing.

Sorenna
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2009, 5:11 pm

Please be nice - I am female and I ABHORE shaving.

I used to do it for guys I dated, then gave up. My last BF liked it like that because he loved France. HAHA.

I hate the way it feels to shave and cannot do it. I have very bad sense issues and shaving makes my legs hurt for days.

Wehn I go to Dr I have to say," Heh.......I don't have a BF so I just didnpt bother to shave" but it makes me feel like a freak, but not enough to shave for them. :-D

RoisinDubh
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Feb 2009, 9:41 am

Also female, also HATE shaving. Unfortunately I also HATE having hair ANYWHERE on my body aside from my head, so I shave regularly despite hating doing it. It's the lesser of 2 evils.

Acacia
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2009, 10:11 am

Padium wrote:
Anyone else find that if they go to long without a shave, and I mean guys in particular, that it bothers them physically?

I am a guy. And I am the complete opposite of your statement.
I don't like shaving.
I would have a full beard, except one of my jobs forbids it.
Even so, I go without shaving for days. Partially because of the somewhat-unpleasant sensations, and partially because I don't want to take the time to do something that I find pointless.

Of course, this makes me think a bit more philosophically about why humans shave off their hair at all. It seems absolutely ridiculous to me. Hair grows FOR A REASON. How on earth did cultures evolve where hair growing in certain places is seen as inappropriate?