Satan Worshipper Admits to Biting Boy

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2009, 10:38 pm

kalantir wrote:
MissConstrue wrote:
I've seen similar cases with patients in psychiatric wards One moment they're polite and fine, the next.....they're psychotic or "possesed"! !

Wouldn't that be a likely reason why they're in the psychiatric ward to begin with? I mean... don't get me wrong. I believe in god and even demon possession in some cases... but some people are just geniunely messed up in the head.

Agreed.

But there are ways to seperate the latter from the former. You ever wonder if Catholic priests got any false-positives from when the Church still performed exorcisms? Ya gotta wonder ...

Haliphron
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2009, 10:59 am

MissConstrue wrote:
Also could be the souls of the damned or satan's minions.

Who knows really.... :shrug:
:roll:

Are you Serious?
BRAINS make minds! Just because someone is behaving in a way that is frightening, bizarre, and/or unpredictable does NOT imply that something external is in control of them!! ! There are a number of recreational drugs that can cause ordinary people to behave in this EXACT SAME way that you describe; does that mean that imbibing such drugs causes Demons to take hold of your mind? Are you familiar with Occams Razor BTW? If you arent, the crux of it is that the simplest explanation that fits the data is the Best one. The fact that drugs can make a (seemingly)normal person act like someone in a madhouse STRONGLY suggests logically that such insane people are under the influence of ABnormal brain activity. Scientific evidence involving the study of their brains seems to back this up. :wink:

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2009, 12:28 pm

I"m not sure this universe of ours can be so neatly categorized by science. Is everything purely determistic all the time or is that just some security blanket?

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2009, 2:39 pm

Haliphron wrote:
MissConstrue wrote:

Are you Serious?
BRAINS make minds! Just because someone is behaving in a way that is frightening, bizarre, and/or unpredictable does NOT imply that something external is in control of them!! ! There are a number of recreational drugs that can cause ordinary people to behave in this EXACT SAME way that you describe; does that mean that imbibing such drugs causes Demons to take hold of your mind? Are you familiar with Occams Razor BTW? If you arent, the crux of it is that the simplest explanation that fits the data is the Best one. The fact that drugs can make a (seemingly)normal person act like someone in a madhouse STRONGLY suggests logically that such insane people are under the influence of ABnormal brain activity. Scientific evidence involving the study of their brains seems to back this up. :wink:

I think the problem Mr. Haliphron is you and few others take me too literally.... :shameonyou:

Must be a case of aspergers....... :?

Haliphron
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2009, 3:32 pm

MissConstrue wrote:
Haliphron wrote:
MissConstrue wrote:

Are you Serious?

I think the problem Mr. Haliphron is you and few others take me too literally.... :shameonyou:

Must be a case of aspergers....... :?

Why surely :mrgreen:

But it just so happens, and this REALLY gets to me, that autists were once thought and are STILL though by religious wacko's to be demonically possessed :?

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2009, 8:38 pm

Thank God I'm a Christian.