Cats to be tagged to show if they're mass murderers

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

rivergoat
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

20 Feb 2009, 9:20 am

Woodpecker wrote:
I thought that most cats would only be good for catching mice, the rats are a bit too big and nasty for many cats to deal with. I thought that the best way of dealing with rats was a pack of terrier dogs.

When I was little, we had a six-pound American shorthair cat who would take on anything. She terrorized the German Shepard next door (he would to come into the yard to do his business, and she did not like that!) She not only brought us mice, snakes (including a couple of copperheads), and birds, but once a full grown opossum, which was twice her size. She was the sweetest, most loving cat (an excellent mother!), but she did not like 'strangers' in her yard!

goat

}:)~

twoshots
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2009, 3:41 pm

Yeah, a fit outdoor cat is much more formidable than the p*****s most people raise. My old cat killed rats and bluejays, and he got his kicks picking on a mastiff.

Still though, I'm not sure cats would be an ideal solution in general...

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2009, 7:35 pm

back in the day (19th century), they used to let terriers go against rats in a ring, and place bets...

We had a mouse problem in a trailer I lived in (we lived next to a large field, so we got field mice)

One of the cats would go after the mice, but she had more fun doing a 'catch and release' game with them. However, after a while, the mice left.

I don't have a problem with it.

kittenmeow
Toucan
Toucan

21 Feb 2009, 12:44 am

sounds like just an excuse to add their electronic products into living animals and try to make it come across as humane by blaming the cats for their nature of what they deem innappropriate.

Taggers, leave the kitties alone!