What's the worst movie you've ever seen?

Page 2 of 4 [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

gina-ghettoprincess
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2009, 7:03 pm

Atonement; it looked quite good from the trailers, but when I watched it there was basically no story, and if there was it was impossible to follow, and by the end I was just like, "What was that?" I seriously can't even define what it was supposed to be about, it was just something about a girl in a house, then a woman in a house, or something like that. :?

y es como un semestre"

LosFrida
Toucan
Toucan

08 Mar 2009, 10:41 pm

Foxfire- based one one of my all time favorite novels, the movie has nothing in common with it. Horrible, horrible film. I mailed my copy to a friend because I didn't even want it in my house.

Monster's Ball- This was the most dissapointing movie I've ever seen. It looked so good given all the hype it received but I hated it.

ducasse
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Mar 2009, 4:49 pm

The Shawshank Redemption: the most manipulative & crassly sentimental movie I've ever seen, about creatures that look like humans but act in accordance with the rules of bad tv movies about people triumphing over adversity rather than according to human nature. The fact that so many people think it's great just makes it more infuriating & depressing.

Mozzie
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Mar 2009, 1:08 pm

queen of the damned based on anne rice novel - i read the novel and then i saw the movie.. disaster.....

MmeLePen
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2009, 11:39 am

Pearl Harbor

gina-ghettoprincess
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2009, 12:30 pm

MmeLePen wrote:
Pearl Harbor

I quite liked most of it, but during the actual bombing part it started to get kind of boring, cos it went on for so long.

y es como un semestre"

MmeLePen
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2009, 1:56 pm

gina-ghettoprincess wrote:
MmeLePen wrote:
Pearl Harbor

I quite liked most of it, but during the actual bombing part it started to get kind of boring, cos it went on for so long.

I was sooo disappointed - I was really looking forward - so maybe that's the letdown. It looked really good but it was way too long and had too much lovie stuff.

Also - Ben Affleck. ENough said.

Memphis Belle was way better for WWII kicks! Or Tora, Tora, Tora for Pearl Harbor fun.

(That's funny you panned Atonement. I got it from Netflicks but never watched it and ended up keeping it for several months. It's like a thorn in my side. Glad to know it sucked.)

Bodhi
Raven
Raven

19 Mar 2009, 2:37 am

By far, Freddy Got Fingered.

By far.

ElliottJumpshoe
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Mar 2009, 6:00 am

Urban Legend

So bad I felt utterly affronted. The plot is fundamentally self-nullifying and assumes its audience is gullible. It is the poorest representation of the already exhausted genre of teen horror movies with a hackneyed and poorly delineated storyline. The actress that portrays the eventually revealed murderer is so apoplexy inducingly poor and cliched that she could turn any of the world's greatest movies into straight-to-DVD flops if placed into any of them.

And to think: I was born on the exact same date as Alicia Witt. Had it not been for this intellectual enema of a movie, I wouldn't mind at all.

Last edited by ElliottJumpshoe on 21 Mar 2009, 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

-Vorzac-
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Mar 2009, 6:55 am

Bodhi wrote:
By far, Freddy Got Fingered.

By far.

I remember that I watched that, in that I remeber the act of sitting down and watching a movie, but the actual content of the film has been mercifully blocked from my memory. :lol:

b9
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2009, 7:34 am

i never finished watching the worst movies i have seen, so i can not say definitively which was the worst. the only times i ever attempt to watch a movie is when i am not at home and i do not have any other entertainment than a TV (like in a motel or hotel room, or at the farm).

the most boring movies are probably 1950's movies with elvis presley in them. they are unbelievably shallow. i have watched up to 20 mins of some of them in bored despair, and could not continue watching.

i dislike those american high school movies where the plot is cheerleaders and sports hunks and their social saga of a week in their lives.

i hate the family movies like "honey i shrunk the kids", and "hairy dog" movies.

i do not like most modern comedy's because they force their jokes, and they look painfully stupid. i get a similar effect from most comedies as i would if a boring clown was doing a dance in front of me while flipping his lips with his finger saying "bluberblubberblubber...".

one movie i was disappointed with (because i was looking foreward to watching it) was "deep impact". from the advertisements, it looked very interesting.
i thought that there was scientific input into the graphic representation of the actual impact, and also the after effects (tsunami's, light flash damage, seismic shockwaves, ejecta etc).
also, i was excited that this graphic representation was to be modeled with hollywood's best animation computing hardware (which is very powerful).

in TV documentaries, they may have a budget of $50,000 to get the graphics done.
but if there was a budget of say $10,000,000 for hollywood to produce the graphics with many people dedicated to the design, and scientific consultation and involvement as to the authenticity, then i may see the best simulation of an asteroid impact i have ever witnessed.

but the movie was more about the relationship between 2 teenagers. the "hero" was some teenage boy who worked out that the asteroid was coming and no one believed him (i think (it was hard to follow the relationship dialogue)), but the daughter of some general had faith in him, and they somehow managed to escape the devastation by trail bike riding to the woods at the end of the movie. ho hum.

anyway, the graphical representation of the impact event was very "lay" in my opinion, and it was mainly a "graphical artists impression".
i can not remember all my original misgivings about the film as i forgot it soon after watching it, but i remember that the asteroid was shown in a shot as it hurtled to earth from about 100,000 miles away. i could see by scoping it's leading edge against the earth surface, that it traversed the pacific ocean in about 3 seconds.
that is about 3,600 miles per second.
i think that the maximum speed of impact of any asteroid that comes from the martian/jovian asteroid belt is approx 72 km/s.
also, the shots as seen from the ground on earth (by people) show fiery balls tracing through the sky and leaving undulating smoke trails. these balls are traveling at nowhere near even 72 km/s or they would be gone and it would be all over before anyone's mind even registered that they were there.

the "smoke trail" would be a razor straight and white and unviewably bright streak of plasmified molecules in it's wake. the "ball" itself would start things ablaze by it's brightness even before it hit the ground.

the movie sequence was nothing but raining balls of fire, and i expected to see seismic simulations where whole lakes were emptied as if a giant drumstick had beaten upon their ground beneath them and all the water leaps into the air and splashes down in the surrounding lands.
i expected to see skyscrapers close to the event vanish in less than one frame. like a flame on a match head is blown out instantly when you say "puhh!! !" at it, i expected to see cities vanish.
instead, they looked like they were only being gradually torn down by 500 mph winds.

etc etc. getting verbose i am.

i guess they modeled it for cheaper thrill style entertainment.
i guess to show an object 100,000 miles from earth traveling at a mere 72km/s (to scale) would make it too stationary looking to keep the attention of most people for more than a second.

i guess that to portray an object that has landed before the audience sees it is not a good theatrical idea. obviously they could not simulate the brightness, so they would have had to pretend their camera's were burned out, and they got no shots, to make it believable.

obviously to have the destruction of a city razed to ground happen in less than 1/24th second (one frame) would seriously limit the wow factor that most people crave to see.

but the whole movie was built around a love story and i was yukked (i can think of no more fitting word) by it.

Strangerthanfiction
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 Mar 2009, 4:06 am

'Burn After Reading' Awful film that goes nowhere. I want my 80 minutes back!! !

STF

Atomsk
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2009, 6:14 am

mikebw wrote:
Tie between Battlefield Earth and Freddy Got Fingered.

Freddy Got Fingered is a classic, you philistine.

SamwiseGamgee
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2009, 8:40 am

Strangerthanfiction wrote:
'Burn After Reading' Awful film that goes nowhere. I want my 80 minutes back!! !

STF

Yeah that was a really dull movie, I couldn't even finish watching it. I really thought it was going to be good, and I kept watching for a really long time hoping it would get better but about halfway through it still wasn't going anywhere at all so I had to shut it off.

I've seen a lot of bad movies but the most recent was Twilight. I don't understand why it's so popular, it was a really terrible movie.

Kenjuudo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2009, 9:31 am

Da Vinci Code... Idiot movie.

MmeLePen
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2009, 9:55 am

Kenjuudo wrote:
Da Vinci Code... Idiot movie.

OMG!! !! !! ! I HATED THAT MOVIE! Only because I loved the books so much! You're right - that is the worst movie ever made. They never should have even bothered trying to make a movie out of the book - maybe a cartoon? Tom Hanks??? I like Tom Hanks but I always imagined a Harrison Ford type as Langdon.

I can't wait to see what total piece of crap "Angels and Demons" is going to be. :evil:

(Sorry - don't mean to be all crazy - but I can't believe I didn't name DaVinci Code in my post.)