What's the worst movie you've ever seen?

Page 3 of 4 [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

MmeLePen
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2009, 9:55 am

Kenjuudo wrote:
Da Vinci Code... Idiot movie.

OMG!! !! !! ! I HATED THAT MOVIE! Only because I loved the books so much! You're right - that is the worst movie ever made. They never should have even bothered trying to make a movie out of the book - maybe a cartoon? Tom Hanks??? I like Tom Hanks but I always imagined a Harrison Ford type as Langdon.

I can't wait to see what total piece of crap "Angels and Demons" is going to be. :evil:

(Sorry - don't mean to be all crazy - but I can't believe I didn't name DaVinci Code in my post.)

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2009, 10:07 am

In Bruges

and

Love in the Time of Cholera

:x

Titanic was overrated too.

gina-ghettoprincess
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2009, 12:23 pm

MmeLePen wrote:
Kenjuudo wrote:
Da Vinci Code... Idiot movie.

OMG!! !! !! ! I HATED THAT MOVIE! Only because I loved the books so much! You're right - that is the worst movie ever made. They never should have even bothered trying to make a movie out of the book - maybe a cartoon? Tom Hanks??? I like Tom Hanks but I always imagined a Harrison Ford type as Langdon.

I can't wait to see what total piece of crap "Angels and Demons" is going to be. :evil:

(Sorry - don't mean to be all crazy - but I can't believe I didn't name DaVinci Code in my post.)

I liked the Da Vinci Code, but I haven't read the book, so I guess that's why. I was gonna read the book a while back before I saw the movie, but then I read 1984 instead.

y es como un semestre"

MmeLePen
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2009, 1:00 pm

gina-ghettoprincess wrote:

I liked the Da Vinci Code, but I haven't read the book, so I guess that's why. I was gonna read the book a while back before I saw the movie, but then I read 1984 instead.

You'd LOVE the book! You'd also love Angels and Demons. (Esp. with the Colliseum as your avatar.)

1984's cool, too. Have you read Fahrenheit 451?

gina-ghettoprincess
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2009, 1:03 pm

MmeLePen wrote:

You'd LOVE the book! You'd also love Angels and Demons. (Esp. with the Colliseum as your avatar.)

1984's cool, too. Have you read Fahrenheit 451?

Cool.

I haven't read Fahrenheit 451, but I've heard of it somewhere. What's it about?

y es como un semestre"

MmeLePen
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2009, 1:24 pm

Kinda like 1984. Its about a "fireman" who's job it is to burn books - deemed inappropriate by the Ministry of Information. Its a pretty quick read. (451F is the burn temp of paper) Ray Bradbury. Awesome story for freak, rebel, rabble-rousers like us!

gina-ghettoprincess
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2009, 1:31 pm

MmeLePen wrote:

Kinda like 1984. Its about a "fireman" who's job it is to burn books - deemed inappropriate by the Ministry of Information. Its a pretty quick read. (451F is the burn temp of paper) Ray Bradbury. Awesome story for freak, rebel, rabble-rousers like us!

Sounds cool, I might get it from Amazon once I have some more money.

y es como un semestre"

Philothea
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Mar 2009, 1:27 pm

One day our grandfather wanted to spend some time with his grandchildren, which is unusual, because he generally tries to avoid us. He took my little sister and I to see "Shazaam", starring Shaquille O'Neal. It was so awful, we left the theatre in the middle of it.

It was even worse than Eddie Murphy's version of Doctor Doolittle. Nauseatingly bad! The one and only time our grandfather showed any interest in us, and that stupid "Shazaam" ruined it. Such a shame. I think I will always harbor some irrational resentment toward Shaqille O'Neal as a result, LOL.

zerooftheday
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Mar 2009, 10:50 am

You poor bastards have no idea how bad it can get. Trust me, anything that came out of Hollywood is several orders of magnitude better than the worst it can get.

The worst movie I ever saw was Plan 9 from Outer Space. Crap acting, crap plot, crap set, and a director so inattentive that shots of an actor pointing a pistol at himself made it into the final cut. It's the single worst American-made movie I've ever seen. Solid 1/10 at IMDB.

Unfortunately, then I watched Robo Vampire. You have no idea how bad a film can get until you watch this. I'd just outline what I think the plot was for illustration, but I don't know what the plot was, so I'll just list the major events that I remember. I have some PTSD, it's all fuzzy

A soldier gets killed by a snake.
A drug lord b*****s about anti-drug agents, so one of his advisors says he should hire a taoist priest to raise vampires to fight the anti-drug agents.
The vampires, who are dressed like kung-fu actors from China, attack like...

You know, I'll just post the website I found when I was trying to find out what the hell I was watching:

http://www.encyclopedia-obscura.com/mov ... mpire.html

Yeah, try to think of a movie you've seen that's worse than that.

Otera
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

27 Mar 2009, 11:56 am

anything any of you like.

(just kidding.)
I've seen some pretty sh***y s**t before, but whatever. Good Movies rule.

There's a guy at work who will bug the absolute hell out of me until I watch his favorite movies, which I usually don't like:
Sahara
13th Warrior
Twilight

Douglas_MacNeill
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2009, 12:51 pm

One I actually paid money to see in a theater:

Ishtar

(yes, that Ishtar, Warren Beatty, Dustin Hoffman,
Isabelle Adjani)

KiyokosOnlyOnigiri
Raven
Raven

02 Apr 2009, 2:32 pm

Most anything SNL-based sucks. (Oh, god. I had to watch Superstar last night. It was one of the worst movies I've seen, at least in the PG-13 world.) And Mr. Bean's Holiday... but then, most G-rated movies are terrible works now that I'm 17. =/

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

02 Apr 2009, 5:50 pm

borat and a movie about collecting frozen t.v. dinners

Hector
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2009, 6:17 pm

zerooftheday wrote:
You poor bastards have no idea how bad it can get. Trust me, anything that came out of Hollywood is several orders of magnitude better than the worst it can get.

The worst movie I ever saw was Plan 9 from Outer Space. Crap acting, crap plot, crap set, and a director so inattentive that shots of an actor pointing a pistol at himself made it into the final cut. It's the single worst American-made movie I've ever seen. Solid 1/10 at IMDB.

I'm pretty sure I would rather watch Plan 9 From Outer Space than most of the movies in the cinema today. I guess it means I can't relate to most cinephiles; I want to watch films to be entertained, and to that end no actors or competent effects can make up for a disposable Hollywood storyline and the usual cinematography.

Last edited by Hector on 02 Apr 2009, 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2009, 6:20 pm

Erasable movies

Borat
The Patriot
Me, Myself and Irene
Benjamin Button
Roller Derby
Love Story
etc.