Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

mjs82
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2005, 10:57 am

Sophist wrote:
mjs82 wrote:
i have no self control and say/do really odd things the majority of the time.

Based on your sense of humor, for some reason that doesn't really surprise me... :P

I have a sense of humour? Why was I not informed of this?

Serissa
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2005, 1:58 pm

Larval wrote:
Depends who you ask. ;)

BTW isnt mania a sign of bipolar-ness?

I think she said she has bipolar (Spacecase don't kill me if I'm wrong!)

I got in a major laughing jag yesterday and one of my parents said "Wow, it's like she's manic." NO, DAMNIT, I WAS HAVING A GOOD TIME!! ! I don't think I have bipolar, honestly. I feel things strongly but I don't think my good moods are pathological, they're just me, happy; I don't become irrational, I can just get in a really goofy state sometimes where everything is funny- but I have seen "normals" do it too, so I don't think it's a mental illness thing, or not to the degree I experience it. it just SEEMS weird because I was clinically depressed since fourth grade or earlier, so my mom is probably thinking, "WTF happened to her?"

CRACK
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2005, 11:18 pm

Serissa wrote:
I got in a major laughing jag yesterday and one of my parents said "Wow, it's like she's manic." NO, DAMNIT, I WAS HAVING A GOOD TIME!! ! I don't think I have bipolar, honestly. I feel things strongly but I don't think my good moods are pathological, they're just me, happy; I don't become irrational, I can just get in a really goofy state sometimes where everything is funny- but I have seen "normals" do it too, so I don't think it's a mental illness thing, or not to the degree I experience it. it just SEEMS weird because I was clinically depressed since fourth grade or earlier, so my mom is probably thinking, "WTF happened to her?"

A question regarding being in a silly mood: Is this something that usually comes about after anger? After the anger has completely dissolved? Because this happens to me all the time. I'll go into rage over something trivial (mentally, of course. don't want to cause a scene) and some time after I've completely calmed down I will have this sensation of unconditional laughter.

Serissa
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2005, 2:21 pm

CRACK wrote:
A question regarding being in a silly mood: Is this something that usually comes about after anger? After the anger has completely dissolved? Because this happens to me all the time. I'll go into rage over something trivial (mentally, of course. don't want to cause a scene) and some time after I've completely calmed down I will have this sensation of unconditional laughter.

I know that when it happens after FEAR (which it often does) there's this thing called the "undoing hypothesis," which basically says that when you laugh after being scared you're clearing your body of all those chemcials you get flooded with when you're scared. I would guess this works similarly with anger though I don't know for sure; both anger and fear can have similar physiological effects (fast heart rate, readiness for action, etc- sympathetic nervous system stuff)

CDRhom
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Jan 2006, 12:05 pm

My friends consider me to be pretty goofy, in a fun way. I just don't seem to worry about appearances.

pad
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2006, 4:36 pm

I'm goofier than Goofy himself.

Naga_Sadow
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

10 Jan 2006, 12:22 am

If I'm around the right people I often talk to myself. :? Otherwise I can say weird stuff depending on my obssession at the time.