Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Chibi_Neko
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2009, 10:57 am

CNN

Quote:
An 11-year-old boy is facing adult charges in the shooting death of his father's pregnant girlfriend, authorities said Saturday.

Police say the boy shot Kenzie Marie Houk, who was eight months pregnant, once at point-blank range in her farmhouse in western Pennsylvania.

The boy, whose name was withheld by CNN because he is a juvenile, was charged with one count each of criminal homicide and homicide of an unborn child in the death of Houk, 26, Lawrence County District Attorney John Bongivengo told CNN.

Houk's 4-year-old daughter found her in her bed Friday, according to police. The child alerted landscapers working near the home, who then called authorities.

"This is something that you wouldn't even think of in your worst nightmare, that you'd have to charge an 11-year-old with homicide," Bongivengo said, according to CNN affiliate WTAE. "It's heinous, the whole situation."

Under Pennsylvania law, anyone over the age of 10 accused of murder or homicide is charged as an adult. If convicted, the boy faces a maximum sentence of life in prison, Bongivengo said.

Authorities said the boy is the son of the victim's live-in boyfriend at the home in Wampum, about 35 miles northwest of Pittsburgh.

"At this point, we don't believe it's accidental," Bongivengo said.

The weapon was a youth model 20-gauge shotgun, designed for use by children, that belonged to the boy, according to investigators.

Bongivengo told reporters the household has no history of child abuse, but that an investigation is ongoing.

Calls to the boy's public defender, Dennis Elisco, went unanswered Saturday.

What is it with children being involved in murders these days?

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2009, 11:43 am

These days we have the international media to report stuff that goes on all over the world. I'm sure it happened before too, once in one country, another time in another, and each country thought they were the only one.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2009, 1:14 pm

I remember my parents murmer together "oh! things are just not like they were when we were young! that (what ever they were reading in the paper) would never have happened then!
and this was in the 1950's!

humanity has not 'changed' it's the same old humanity it always was.

Merle

jrknothead
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2009, 1:57 pm

Lizzie Borden was convicted of the axe murders of both her parents and hanged over 100 years ago...

I once read that the quote "Children today have no respect for their elders" was attributed to Socrates over 2000 years ago...

The more things change, the more they stay the same...

22 Feb 2009, 2:55 pm

This isn't something new. It has always happened. I have read cases about kids who killed in the 1980's.

There is even a book called Kids Who Kill published in 1990. It was just amazing that kids young as three have killed.

Anyone hear about Mary Bell? She killed two young boys in the 1968.

The first time I ever heard about a kid killing was when I was 10 years old and some other 10 year old shot his 5 year old sister with his father's rifle because he was jealous. Anyone remember that story? I can remember my mother telling me about it and I heard it on the news two or three times.

Demonique
Raven
Raven

22 Feb 2009, 3:00 pm

jrknothead wrote:
Lizzie Borden was convicted of the axe murders of both her parents and hanged over 100 years ago...

I thought she was found not guilty? Anyway, she's not really relevant to this discussion as she wasn't a child at the time of the murders.

Adult children killing their parents isn't really that unusual nowadays, I'm studying in Aberystwyth in Wales and there was such a case recently, whereas underage children killing their parents is much rarer.

I hope they don't go 'but he's a chyuldddd' route and be leniant on him because of his age. If it turns out its premediated the little murdering s**t should serve time

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2009, 4:38 pm

Demonique wrote:
jrknothead wrote:

I thought she was found not guilty? Anyway, she's not really relevant to this discussion as she wasn't a child at the time of the murders.

Yesterday in old Fall River, Mr. Andrew Borden died
and they got his daughter Lizzie on a charge of homicide
some people said she didn't do it, others say of course, she did
but we all agree that Lizzie B was a problem kinda kid!

and no, she wasn't hung.

Merle