Page 8 of 8 [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Skyjester
Raven
Raven

06 Jun 2010, 5:23 pm

I feel twice my age and act half my age. Although now that I am getting older, I act less than half my age. Used to look a lot younger than my age, but thanks to my rapid expansion of gray hair, that is no longer an issue.

psychointegrator
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

06 Jun 2010, 6:04 pm

Fort56 wrote:
Do you feel younger than your chronological age?

I don't feel like an age.
heh.

ChatBrat
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2010, 2:36 am

I am going to be 51 years old this year and not only do I not act it, I don't look it, either. A doctor I saw this year said that when he first saw me, he had to look at my birth date in my file again, because he thought he had looked at it wrong. He couldn't believe that I was as old as 50. Most people guess me to be in my 30's but on a bad pain day, I've noticed some people guess me to be in my 40's. ugh.

I feel like a kid inside at times... but I also like hanging out with the elderly too though. I like hearing their stories. The older ones seem more tolerant of eccentric people, too. I don't mind talking to people over the computer, no matter the age. I much prefer to use text over talking.

TheHaywire
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2010, 3:07 am

Both younger and older but never my actual age.

hans66
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Jul 2010, 6:20 am

I feel and look way younger than I actually am. My behaviour is like that from a way younger man. Possibly therefore I might have attention from younger women than the women I am attracted too.

Sowlowsolo
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Jul 2010, 1:02 pm

I am a 45 year old female - yet I want to play games (board games, video games etc) - and I think I would like to spend my time doing some of the things my 20 year old son and his friends do. Also I think I enjoyed parts of being a parent because it ment I got to play with things like Lego!

I didn't enjoy parenting so much when it was my job to manage my son's behaviour - jees - I still struggle to manage my own!! ! :oops:

peterd
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2010, 4:37 am

I'm 57 - well, nearly 58. And no, I don't feel that old.

My dad's 83 next week, and he tells me he still feels like he's 25. Yes, he has aspergers too.

Mind you, my partner's fairly normal and she feels younger than her age too.

nansnick
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2010, 7:20 am

Sometimes like a child, sometimes my age, sometimes much older. Someone once said our self perception is 5 years behind our actual age. If this is the case mine may be 9 years behind. Other people tell me my behavior is younger and that I come across younger. When it comes to interacting with other people I nearly always feel younger and rarely to never equal. Peers I tend to associate with always come across more mature and socially and mentally able when they deal with each other. Their interaction with me never feels as balanced.

marynewport
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

06 Jul 2010, 11:15 am

I, like some others feel both younger and older, and have all of my life. I currently am 55 and live in a retirement community. I socialize with octogenarians. They are so accepting of my aspergers, as they are yhemselve become similar. Every morning we have coffee at the clubhouse and share our simple pleasures ahd difficulties. In their company I. Can complain about chang and be welcome. We share mutual suppor for everything.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2010, 12:04 pm

i can not be bothered to read every page of this thread, and i have an inclination that i said what i am going to say before.

since i have never been younger than my chronological age, i have no idea how it would feel, so my answer is "no".

Kiseki
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2010, 11:44 am

Well, considering people tell me I am "such a child" and "innocent" half the time I guess so.

I feel about 15. It's like I never grew up. I even still have attraction to teenagers. It's terrible.

Amik
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2010, 4:19 pm

In some ways I feel younger and in some ways I feel older. Sometimes I find people my age or older to be immature or childish in certain ways and I feel more mature than them, but there are also certain things that make me feel younger and more immature, childish or naive with than other people my age.

I think it is a bit hard to compare my mental age with my chronological age or other people's mental age, as in certain aspects I'm way ahead, in certain aspects I'm way behind and in certain aspects I'm about the same as my peers.