Are we... Alien/lightworkers/starseeds?

Page 1 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

pleiadian
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Feb 2009, 10:51 am

Has anyone ever FELT they are perhaps from another solar system not really belonging here on earth hence we don't fit in with other humans and that we are in a stage of the evolution of consciousness and it represents as aspergers/autism (or other disorders) and have you ever had a deep longing for the cosmos -STARS -and perhaps we are here to do work on the earth?? A fascination for metaphysics? Too difficult to express these feelings to others?

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2009, 11:51 am

No. we are not.

whitetiger
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2009, 12:16 pm

One of my special interests, beginning as a child, has been metaphysics. However, I do not think we are "special" or "chosen." We just have different neurological wiring. To think of ourselves otherwise seems to me to be grandiose, a way to feel more important than other people.

Magnus
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2009, 12:44 pm

I think there is something to the Starseed Phenomenon. I for one have always secretly FELT that I might be an alien or come from aliens. Of course I know I'm human, but I do feel a connection to ET's in some way.

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2009, 12:54 pm

Never, I don't like New Age. I'm more of a follower of the traditional ways from before New Age.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2009, 3:09 pm

We evolved on Earth. Random mutations alone can account for the variety of phenotypes found in the Human race. Feeling different from others is part of the Human condition. Feelings alone are insufficient evidence for any claim of extra-terrestrial origin.

Occam's Razor strikes again!

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

25 Feb 2009, 4:02 pm

Time to use Occam's Razor to cut the crap.....
Neurological differences can make some of us uneasy in social situations
and sensory issues can sometimes cause us to isolate from the rest of the world
but these do not make us "aliens" just different.

And by the way.....
To WrongPlanet!! !Image

Misfit138
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

25 Feb 2009, 4:30 pm

richie wrote:
Time to use Occam's Razor to cut the crap.....
Neurological differences can make some of us uneasy in social situations
and sensory issues can sometimes cause us to isolate from the rest of the world
but these do not make us "aliens" just different.

Agreed.
Oh, and my compliments on your tactful use of Occam's razor.

MrMisanthrope
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Feb 2009, 4:35 pm

Just once, I'd like to see someone use Occam's Toothbrush...

True Liberty Expressed as Fiction: http://www.bigheadpress.com/tpbtgn

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2009, 6:14 pm

Are you kidding?! ! He rarely even flosses!

:wink:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

LordKristov
Toucan
Toucan

25 Feb 2009, 6:29 pm

Magnus wrote:
I think there is something to the Starseed Phenomenon. I for one have always secretly FELT that I might be an alien or come from aliens. Of course I know I'm human, but I do feel a connection to ET's in some way.

I feel exactly the same way, Magnus. I think it's just too danged bad it took me so long to "phone home" here to WP - or to even find out it existed.

This being said, while we are human, it would also be in my opinion supremely arrogant of us to think we are the ONLY intelligent life in the vastness that is our universe. Heck, for all we know, we may have been some alien teenager's science-fair project that took on a life of its own and eventually ran amok.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2009, 8:11 pm

What never ceases to amuse me is when someone takes a statement like, "We don't know if there is intelligent extra-terrestrial life or not" and makes a flying leap to describing what "they" look like, what motivates them, how their society is structured, and what plans they have for humanity (usually somewhere between breeding material and food).

I mean, some folks looked at Venus through telescopes, saw nothing but swirling clouds, and concluded that the planet was inhabited by intelligent anthropomorphic dinosaurs who fled Earth many thousands of years ago to escape a global extinction event, and who even now are responsible for "Global Warming" so that they can come back to Earth, use us humans for food, and re-populate the Earth with their offspring.

Some people will believe anything ... except the truth.

LordKristov
Toucan
Toucan

25 Feb 2009, 10:30 pm

Fnord wrote:
What never ceases to amuse me is when someone takes a statement like, "We don't know if there is intelligent extra-terrestrial life or not" and makes a flying leap to describing what "they" look like, what motivates them, how their society is structured, and what plans they have for humanity (usually somewhere between breeding material and food).

I mean, some folks looked at Venus through telescopes, saw nothing but swirling clouds, and concluded that the planet was inhabited by intelligent anthropomorphic dinosaurs who fled Earth many thousands of years ago to escape a global extinction event, and who even now are responsible for "Global Warming" so that they can come back to Earth, use us humans for food, and re-populate the Earth with their offspring.

Some people will believe anything ... except the truth.

Notice I did not take the aforementioned "flying leap". Although I think those leaps are the stuff a lot of sci-fi is made of. And Vulcans apparently didn't have plans to eat us, now did they? I may be misinterpreting your post but you seem to be implying that such leaps are a bad thing. If that was not your intent, then I apologize for my misinterpretation.

And if there is other intelligent life in the universe, we probably don't know of their existence because they are smart enough to stay away from this planet. I mean, look at some of the things we do to our own race.

DeaconBlues
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2009, 2:07 am

What amuses me is when someone takes the concept of life evolving elsewhere, makes the leap to some superintelligent entities using FTL to ply the stars, and then assumes that our grubby little planet is so fascinating that they'll cover lightyears of space just to come take a look, kidnap some yokels from the woods someplace, and leave again without even saying hello. After all, we humans are just so freaking special, ain't we?

LordKristof, I don't know of anyone who claims to believe Vulcans, Moties, or Pierson's puppeteers actually exist; but there are people who sincerely believe that all of human history is just the result of manipulations by the Reptoids, the Greys, and half a dozen other hypothesized alien beings (and that's leaving out some of the weird ideas the Scientologists came up with [not surprising, considering their founder was a hack scifi writer], or the Mormon concept of where God came from...).

millie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2009, 4:28 am

I AM A CROP-CIRCLE.
8O

LordKristov
Toucan
Toucan

26 Feb 2009, 8:05 am

DeaconBlues wrote:
What amuses me is when someone takes the concept of life evolving elsewhere, makes the leap to some superintelligent entities using FTL to ply the stars, and then assumes that our grubby little planet is so fascinating that they'll cover lightyears of space just to come take a look, kidnap some yokels from the woods someplace, and leave again without even saying hello. After all, we humans are just so freaking special, ain't we?

LordKristof, I don't know of anyone who claims to believe Vulcans, Moties, or Pierson's puppeteers actually exist; but there are people who sincerely believe that all of human history is just the result of manipulations by the Reptoids, the Greys, and half a dozen other hypothesized alien beings (and that's leaving out some of the weird ideas the Scientologists came up with [not surprising, considering their founder was a hack scifi writer], or the Mormon concept of where God came from...).

And I do not subscribe to any of those particular theories either. I was simply trying to express my humble opinion we are not alone. I think the cosmos is far too big for our species to be the only one which "mutated" enough to develop intelligence. As the nearest star is Alpha Centauri which is 100 light-years away, we have a LOT of stars to cover.

And if there are superintelligent beings out there using FTL to ply the stars reading this, please avoid the yokels from the woods as kidnapping candidates. They are probably your worse choices for research :)