Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

jerseyzuks
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

25 Feb 2009, 6:43 pm

My girlfriends AS son is very adventurous in what he will eat, more than any kid I have ever met before in my life.

His #1 favorite food is sushi. Eel, octopus, & tuna are his favorite. Works great as a reward :wink:

He also loves mako shark. I brought home about 40 lbs of mako steak this fall, and they are all gone. I think I had one!

He loves all kinds of fruit, the stranger or more exotic the better. We often shop at the H Mart (local Asian grocery store) and some of the fruit he picks up look more like weapons than food.

Last night I made an Indian dish with curried chicken, potatoes, cashews and peas... with coconut rice on the side (not touching, of course :D ) He absolutely loved it, and was trying to figure out how to pack some for school lunch today.

One of his other favorites is when I make Mahi in a spicy mango sauce, with rice on the side.

The funny thing is, if I offer him cheeseburgers, pizza, chicken fingers... or any of the things that most 10 year olds love... he has no interest in them at all!

The good thing is that he definitely eats very healthy (no junk food at all)... the bad thing is that he loves very elaberate meals, and it would be nice to be able to order a pizza on nights when his mom and I both work late. But that's a trade I will gladly make :wink:

PowerGirl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Feb 2009, 8:25 pm

Heh. INterestesting kid. People in other countries would be glad to have him over for dinner! I agree with him. Pizza is yuck. When my mom makes her fried chicken with rice, corn, peas, and bread, I often take a bowl instead of a plate. I put the rice and peas and corn in, stir it up, then take my chicken and tear it to pieces, then put it in and then put applesauce on top and mix it up. Tastes really good and the applesauce makes the chicken less boring to eat. Maybe you can suggest it to him, mixing food up like that. -Power Girl

jerseyzuks
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

25 Feb 2009, 9:15 pm

PowerGirl wrote:
Maybe you can suggest it to him, mixing food up like that. -Power Girl

It's funny, normally he is very particular about mixing foods, and unlike foods touching.

Last night I was surprised that he ate the curry chicken, as it had a lot of ingredients, and a sauce (normally any kind of sauce is out of the question).

He also ate it with a single fork (normally there would be one fork for the rice, one for the chicken, on for the salad)