Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2009, 9:04 am

Hi I've been trying to get an American Express for a couple weeks and got no e-mail response well this morning I got a call from Bank of America (the people WITH the American Express card) and I was truthful!! BIG MISTAKE! As in $750 Social Security pay $300 Rent to mom leaving me $450 etc. they then mention a $3900 balance ON WHAT OMG!! !! !! !! !! ! Then they close BOTH MY GOLD/PLATINUM cards FROM THEM! (Now I have a debit account through my mom's account) Mom said it's my fault etc. and not to worry but since I'm a HUGE fan of Suze Orman I'M AN EMOTIONAL WRECK!! !! I told mom WHAT if they call other Credit Card companies I have she said they will not. :-( Do you think they will? :-( (The main reason is After March 12th I'll have a $73 PS3 bill,about $100 in Neccessities ONE bill and family bills (Bills family pay on) $550 Laptop Bestbuy and $2500 on another Credit Card with 0% until May 1st!! !! I'm SO worried I SCREWED UP BIG TIME!! !! !! !! and will lose ALL MY CREDIT!! !! ! OMG! I'M SO UPSET PLEASE HELP ME!! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2009, 1:30 pm

It sounds like you are trying to do waay too much. You should try to live within your means instead of putting everything on a card. It sounds like you're in deep right now but my advice to oyu is: Do not buy anything else that is non-essential and pay off those credit cards and do not run them up any more.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2009, 1:37 pm

I agree with Mirtharatowen. The more you rely on these cards the worse it will get because more of your money is wasted on interest payments. It sounds like you could be on a slippery slope towards insolvency if you continue trying to pay for everything with credit cards. The last thing you are going to want is the debt collectors knocking on your door and taking your stuff! Kick the card habit while you can.