Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Ahaseurus2000
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2009, 2:32 am

Quote:
This is an independent film about the Israeli invasion of Lebanon in the 80's, directed by Ali Forman. It focuses on the Christian Phalangists who, after the death of their leader Bashir Gemayel, massacred Palestinian refugees living in the Sabra and Shatila refugee camps.

The film includes interviews by Ali Forman with friends, fellow soldiers, and other characters from the time of the invasion, but is not a live-action documentary: the whole film is animated. It relives Ali's experiences in the Israeli Military, the invasion, and follows his journey to uncover the truth about the Massacre and why it haunts him.

Hebrew with subtitles.

Winner if 6 Israeli Academy Awards and 1 Golden Globe Award.
10 stars out of 10.
I would recommend this film to anyone with an interest in war, history, and humanity.

http://waltzwithbashir.com/home.html

watched it twice, cried each time. The music seems to "haunt" my mind when I recall the film.

Fluffybunnyfeet
Raven
Raven

07 Mar 2009, 2:48 am

I really liked this movie too. I didn't quite get the politics involved, but the human story was touching. The story of wanting to remember a situation in the past, linked to a dream, was very engaging.

The animation had a dreamy quality to it.