Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

NicholasGray
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Mar 2009, 2:34 am

For those that couldn't see it in Kentucky, this movie will be playing at a festival in Los Angeles at the end of the month. (Also, screening at an autism conference in Nebraska in mid-April. You can contact Adam Eisenstein for details about any screening, or visit us on FaceBook.)

With two aspie-related movies at this festival, this is a great chance for the community to show Hollywood that there is an audience for movies about autistics, that these don't need to be treated as "fringe movies" about "fringe characters". I encourage you, if you're in the Los Angeles area, to come out and make your presence felt.

Thanks to the WP community for its continued support.
-ng

An award-winning love story about an impoverished painter with undiagnosed Asperger’s syndrome, If You Could Say It In Words will have its second public screening and West Coast Premiere at the Method Fest film festival in Calabasas, CA on March 29 at 7pm.

If You Could Say It In Words previously screened at the Derby City Film Festival in Louisville, Kentucky, where it took top honors with “Best Feature” and “Best of Fest” awards by audience balloting.

The film features:
Obie-award winner Marin Ireland, who makes her Broadway debut this spring in Neil Labute’s reasons to be pretty and before that garnered rave reviews for Sarah Kane's Blasted [Soho Rep].

Broadway and regional theatre actor Alvin Keith, who has just concluded a three-theatre world premiere run of Daniel Beaty’s Resurrection (Arena Stage, Hartford Stage, and Philadelphia Theatre Company).

The screening will occur at Founders Hall, Calabasas Civic Center, Calabasas, CA 91302. For ticketing information see the Method Fest website.

The Method Fest (www.methodfest.com), named after the famous "Method" school of acting, showcases breakout acting performances in character and story-driven films. More than 120 films that have premiered or played at The Method Fest, including recent box office hits Waitress and The Visitor, have received theatrical, TV or video distribution.

A full press packet with photos from If You Could Say It In Words as well as further information about all cast and crew are available upon request, or at www.IfYouCould-Movie.com/Festivals.

MEDIA CONTACT:
Adam Eisenstein
Director of Marketing and Development
Co-producer, If You Could Say It In Words
A Chip & A Chair Films [email protected]

WEBSITES:
Movie: www.IfYouCould-Movie.com
Company: www.chipchair.com
Festival Home: www.methodfest.com

GeomAsp
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Mar 2009, 1:34 pm

Hi Mr Gray. I would like to know if the movie will be in Spain. I am eager to go see it. Regards,

Geom

NicholasGray
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Mar 2009, 3:04 pm

Hi Geom,

As of now we have no plans for Spain. We are looking into festivals in Western Europe though, and will be shopping for a foreign rights distributor on the festival circuit here. If nothing else, after our festival year there should (there are no guarantees) be a DVD release of some kind; that would be available world wide if/when it happens. I will be letting everyone know when it does too.

Nicholas

bettybarton
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Mar 2009, 4:12 pm

best of luck with it. if it comes to the uk i'll try my best to get along and see it. sounds interesting. there are a lot of good film festivals here, the most well known being the london film festival, though some of the out of london ones are supposed to be good- more boozey and social!

NicholasGray
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Mar 2009, 4:53 pm

We will be applying to Raindance very soon. That much I know.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2009, 7:25 pm

I would like to suggest the Ashland Independent Film festival, they are excellent! (and near my old alma mater!)

http://www.ashlandfilm.org/

Merle

jamesp420
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Mar 2009, 7:41 pm

Came to Louisville and I knew nothing about it? That sucks. I'd have gone if I knew.

http://www.facebook.com/jamesp420

ChatBrat
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2009, 12:54 am

I would love to see this movie! I guess I'll have to cross my fingers and hope that it comes out on DVD some day.