Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Learning2Survive
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2009, 11:23 am

just-me wrote:
MrSinister wrote:
but the last one was somewhat more serious: I started slicing at my arm with a letter-opener.

Didn't draw any blood, mind you, but it was still the result of an intense emotional reaction which I just couldn't handle...

Yes when I was getting back repressed memories of my past I bit myself. luckily I didn't draw blood either, I was able to get control of myself in time.

I guess stress causes my meltdowns as well as anxiety and sensory overload.

And by the way I'm glad your ok MrSinister

By the way, I'm comforted to hear that MrSinister is OK. I cringe even thinking about veins being sliced. ggrrrghhh

MrSinister
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2009, 4:40 pm

just-me wrote:
MrSinister wrote:
but the last one was somewhat more serious: I started slicing at my arm with a letter-opener.

Didn't draw any blood, mind you, but it was still the result of an intense emotional reaction which I just couldn't handle...

Yes when I was getting back repressed memories of my past I bit myself. luckily I didn't draw blood either, I was able to get control of myself in time.

I guess stress causes my meltdowns as well as anxiety and sensory overload.

And by the way I'm glad your ok MrSinister

I'm just lucky I did while I was at work, and somebody was able to call my mum and send me home.

just-me
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2009, 2:25 am

Did you guys look at the video I posted. If you did , how closely does it resemble your melt downs?

If Its different can you list how?

Because Ive never talked to any one else about my meltdowns and it occurred to me that mine could be different then yours.