Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

ruennsheng
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2009, 11:35 pm

Why are medicine and dentistry so popular?

arielhawksquill
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2009, 8:28 am

Because doctors and dentists make a huge amount of money? A lot of people choose their major based on their desire for a lucrative future career, not because it's interesting or fun.

missdoc
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Mar 2009, 7:23 am

Where I live you don´t earn much when you are a doctor of medicine (except for dentists, they really are rich),but still a lot of people wants to study it,true. Actually, I study medicine and I went there because I was interested only in one specific field of medicine, but it´s true the school gives you huge amount of knowledge about human health and illness and shows you different view on life,maybe... also one´s lifestyle changes completely(but I honestly don´t think it´s better now).. but still there´s something, what makes medicine being a different world, unlike the other schools...maybe the huge pressure what is put on you and causes so much stress... ? :?

ruennsheng
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2009, 12:29 am

Quote:
but still there´s something, what makes medicine being a different world, unlike the other schools...maybe the huge pressure what is put on you and causes so much stress...

Tell that to a lot of aspirants who want to go to medicine. :P

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2009, 8:18 am

Cuz pharmaceutical companies are now making more money than ever now that FDA is making small cases of complaints legit enough to sell behind counters.

Pretty soon everything will be owned by the pharmacy regime.